“Just Lovely”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Youngstown
Niagara Falls North / Lewiston KOA
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Youngstown
Vineland, New Jersey
“Just Lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I booked here for three days so we could see the falls, go to Toronto, and visit friends in Buffalo. I read the previous scathing review after I booked and was somewhat frightened when looking for the place. There is a GIANT KOA sign outside the place. We arrived close to 10pm and it was easy to spot. They had a map with our site left out for us for late check in. Spot was easy to find. I used the back showers, for the campers, in the morning. Again, terrified I would find a spider infested dimly lit place of horror films, I was pleasantly greeted by a well lit, neatly clean bathroom. The water pressure, oh the water pressure. The bathroom, for camping, was exquisite. If you are used to hotel bathrooms with a ton of shower heads, maybe camping isn't for you. All I expect is a shower head that will rinse the grime and soap off me and this one did, excellently I might add. On to check in. We checked-in in the morning and there two individuals in the brightly lit store. The gentleman that checked us in was informative. He gave us a map of the area and circled where cheaper gas could be found. He handed us a list of locations we might need: an ER, Niagara Falls, Walmart, grocery store etc. He gave us directions to get to the falls as well. VERY I mean VERY friendly. We had a 10% off coupon from our RV rental (we had a 25ft one) and they applied it no questions asked. The pool outside the main store looked beautiful! Can't wait to take a dip. There was a nice playground as well. This seemed like a GREAT campsite! I will definitely come back and highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JerseyGirl3030

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!! We just came back and it was a nightmare. 5 of us went for the long 4th of July weekend. Our 2 children and my sister-in-law was the 'extra adult" First, they said we'll have a wooded tent side, it was a lie. We had other campers right next to us, right across and behind us. It was a "tent trap". People were loud and had party after midnight as well. We couldn sleep, the bathroom looks nice by the office....as you can see on thier website. The one we actually (and most of the campers) used was filty. Pool is discusting. Playground is outdated. The guy in the office tried to cheat not to give my change back after I bought something in their store. First I though he forgot, second time around I knew he was trying to cheat....well when we came home and I went through our receipt (now I know I should of done that there) and noticed that we were charged for an extra child for 10 nights. We were there for only 5 nights. When I called they said they will look into it and call me back. Well, never happened. I called them back a week later, so it turned out that the price online is only for 2 adults anything above that is "extra", so you have to pay $3/night. Oh, and BTW he charged us for Holiday weekens. I can understand these things but would't be nice if it would be on their website???? We camp a lot and I know some of them charge you extra for holiday weekends, but they have it on their website. Also, we've never been in a campgroung were the price is only for 2 adults. It's always 2adults and 2 kids. Anyway, if you want to camp around Niagara Falls, find another campground. Make sure you are charged for the correct amount..... I don't recommend this campground at all!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank virginiabeachbrs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went there for one weekend. It is a quiet place. It's very nice. The bungalow and the restrooms were clean. It's very close to the Niagara Falls,15/20 minutes by car.
If you love nature and relax, that's perfect!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lorenza A
Hollis, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We spent 3 nights here over Columbus Day weekend. While it was end-of-season for them, the campground was still a busy place. The staff was friendly and helpful, even though the hours were quite short. The location was convenient for us exploring the whole Niagara Falls area. Arriving after dark was a bit of a concern since neither the sign nor the campground are well-lit. They advertise themselves as big-rig friendly but it's pretty tight. I'm not sure I would have been able to get the rig out of the site with the dolly-tow on had the site across from us not been empty.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Don’t confuse the two KOA parks in the area, one is Grand Island KOA and the other is North KOA. We chose the North KOA because it was cheaper, didn’t require paying a toll, and wasn’t on an Interstate Highway. This park is about 20 minutes from the Falls and is in a quiet area with no road noise. It is a small campground with all the 50amp full hookups up front in a well treed area. Trying to get a little satellite sky can be tricky but is doable. Sprint phone and 3G worked well. The road around is park is gravel and the sites are level gravel and grass. If you’re a big rig like us you need to take care while driving in and out as the road is narrow and the sites are a little tight. There are some large trees and a rock or two you may need to maneuver around but if you’re confident in your driving don’t let that keep you from staying here. The bathrooms and laundry were very clean and well maintained. Staff was great and had lots of info about Niagara Falls and the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bobncamille
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

We were very happy with our stay at this KOA in cabins 5 and 6. There were 4 adults and 3 children total. There are 6 cabins total with cabins 1, 2, and 3 being right across from the bathroom, but also right next to all of the motor homes. Cabins 4, 5, and 6 are a bit farther from the bathrooms, but no big deal. ( maybe 100ft). These cabins were in a more wooded and secluded area...near the tent section...and had more of a camping feeling. Bathrooms by the cabins were extremely clean. Cleanest I have ever seen in a campground!! Both men and women sections had 3 toilets and 3 showers. None of us ever had to wait for the showers. We participated in the wine tasting while the kids participated in the ice cream social. It is great that they hold both in the same location at the same time. The kids also participated in the tye dye activity. The instructors were very patient and helpful. Pool was clean and we swam for a bit. We had a problem with bees in cabin number 6, but it was handled quickly. We were very happy that we chose this KOA, We would stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Cabins 4 and 5 face the woods. Most private and secluded...but cabins 4,5,or 6 would be fine if you...
Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Grimsby, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

This site was a pleasant surprise for a few nights in the basic cabin. Registration was pleasant and quick and the host was helpful. Grounds were not too ornate but well kept and clean and blended well with the natural surroundings. Cabin was found to be clean and in good repair. Washrooms were clean and well kept. Situated in a rural area away from most convenience and tourism stops, which added to the simple camping feel for a very reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Cabin had 1 outlet, suggest a multi plug power adapter to power cells, i pods etc.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Olemed
Also consider these accommodations in or near Youngstown
Comfort Inn The Pointe
Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
#8 of 50 in Niagara Falls
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,310 reviews

Been to Niagara Falls North / Lewiston KOA? Share your experiences!