“Amazing!!!!”
Review of Marsh Harbour Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bald Head Island
Marsh Harbour Inn
North Carolina, USA
“Amazing!!!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Booked this room months ago when they offered a special thru Groupon. Checked in and was upgraded to one of the suites with a kitchen. Beautiful. Accommodations are great. Service was perfect, although it did take me several days to herding to answer te phone to make the reservations.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Mebane, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Recently visited the inn. Third floor suite that supposedly sleeps 6 is actually a great place for a couple, but more than 2 people will be very crowded and uncomfortable in this suite. The second "bedroom" is more of a closet. The "beds" in this room are vertical shelves in the wall, where one would need to climb in head first and ones feet would stick out at the end. I would not put my children in those holes to sleep, maybe my dogs. This second "bedroom" is a great place to store luggage, coolers, and other gear, but not much else. There is also a sleeper sofa in a very small living room/kitchenette space. So, while I think the 2 bedroom suite that supposedly sleeps 6 is a great location with a wonderful view for a couple, groups of 4 or more will be MUCH better off renting a villa or house.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My husband & I stayed at Marsh Harbour July 1 & 2, 2011. it was over the top!! Jo, the inn-keeper, was extremely accomodating & helpful. It was so cozy & comfy here. Breakfast was very good, fresh & a wonderful way to begin the memorable day staying on Bald Head Island. The view from our room overlooked the Harbor which made for some incredible sun-setting pics. We couldn't have asked for anything more as our stay was absolutely wonderful! On July 4th, while in Southport, I realized my sterling silver stone ring was missing. I figured I had lost it & there wasn't much I could do about it. We returned home to Colorado on July 6th. On Thursday, I received a bubble pack manilla envelope in my mailbox. It was my ring I had left at Marsh Harbour with a hand-written note that said "we hope to see you again soon." How do you top that? Marsh Harbour Inn is THE place to stay on Bald Head!!

Room Tip: Yacht Master room was wonderful. Great views, so relaxing...perfect in every sense of the word.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YorkieLover123
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 June 2011

They are understaffed apparently. They don't call you back when they say they will, don't respond to emails, don't take phone calls or respond to messages. don't confirm reservations and generally aren't helpful. I've tried now for 2 weeks to make reservations. When they call me back days after I called it is someone who tells me someone else will call me back. They never do. Apparently they have no staff and poor management of what they do have.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sweety14
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We loved the Marsh Harbour Inn. I planned a last minute get away to Bald Head Island for a long Easter weekend. We enjoyed our stay, loved the great harbour views from our room, the accommodation was perfect. We loved sitting out on our deck and enjoying the views over the harbor in the evening time. The inn keeper and owners were very friendly and very helpful. The breakfast is great, as is the afternoon wine and cheese. The inn itself is so cozy and nicely decorated. I would have given it an excellent vs. very good, but it is pretty expensive. We would definitley stay here for a long weekend again. However, if we go to Bald Head for a week, we would rent a house or condo because I think we could find a better rate for a full week that way. For a weekend, we will definitely head back to MHI, just the two of us or with our kids as we did this past trip.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank nakt
NC
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We had a week-end getaway on BHI and stayed at the Marsh Harbor Inn. It was our first trip and we loved it there. There were a few additional expenses, such as the cost of the ferry, $23/person for a round trip and parking was $8/day at the marina in Southport. Not a deal breaker, just something we had failed to consider.
The breakfast was excellent. Fresh fruit, cereals, sausages, home made sweet breads, granola, yogurt. The rooms clean and lovely with a semi private veranda and rocking chairs. A couple of odd things about the room: in the bathroom, there was no towel holder next to the sink. The towels were on a free standing towel rack next to the toilet, so you couldn't easily reach for one after being at the sink. There was no TP holder. The TP was in a lidded wicker basket on the floor.
The room was also oddly furnished. It had very little storage. We packed for a weekend and could not get all of our clothes put away. It also had the bed, three chairs, and a sort short chaise lounge, but no desk or table beyond the end tables next to the bed. They were very nice chairs, platform rockers, but two and a desk or dresser would have been much more useful. Lots of seating for what is clearly a single room. Once again, not deal breakers in any way, but odd.
We enjoyed the island very much and would return and stay at Marsh Harbor Inn again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank NanHenson
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Having read some of the previous reviews of this B & B. We were alittle concerned about our upcome visit to The Marsh Harbour Inn. It turns out we could not have asked for more. Our room over looking the Harbour was spacious, clean, and relaxing, we shared a bottle of wine on our private deck and watched the sunset, perfect location!!!!
The staff at check in, the Innkeeper & the owners were very helpful, patient and friendly.

We loved the daily wine and cheese get together, and breakfast was a treat! fresh fruits, waffles, pastries, and more... Love the fact that coffee is out by 7am!!

Best part I think (and I really should not be giving this secret out) is the beach that you can walk to, where no-one else has seemed to have found, its natural, quiet and meets up with the marsh/creek waters so just the most beautiful spot for a photo opt!
I have to say, we will be back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 5 in Southport
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach

Been to Marsh Harbour Inn? Share your experiences!