Marsh Harbour Inn
Comfort Suites(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$109
ComfortSuites
Hampton Inn Southport(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$150
Wingate by Wyndham Southport(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$110
Travelocity
Moran Motel(Kure Beach)(Great Value!)
US$113
  • Pool
Oceaneer Motel(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$191
Golden Sands(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$180
All reviewsgolf cartbald headmarsh harbourbeach chairslocated within walking distanceliving areanice breakfastfractional ownershipbhisouthportporchrefrigeratorstorageretreatshoalsconvenienceunits
Reviewed 6 June 2013

My husband and I discovered the inn when I booked for a romantic anniversary getaway and we were so pleased! I often book a B&B for a special occasion but this place exceeded expectations. We have already been back due to the lovely facilities and gorgeous surroundings but most importantly due to the unparalleled staff, especially Jo. We felt immediately welcomed and special from the moment we arrived. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I recently read through the reviews and was surprised to see something negative. From the very first time that we decided to purchase a Living Social deal and explore Bald Head Island by staying at the Marsh Harbour Inn my husband and I have enjoyed everything about the experience. In fact, we just keep going back. All of the staff that we encountered were wonderful and friendly. They are willing to help with any questions or concerns, provide directions and advice, and are a model of excellent customer service. We are usually welcomed by Jo's smiling face when we get there and honestly, she always makes us feel like a member of the family! The rooms are comfortable and beautifully decorated without being over the top on the beach theme. Breakfast is continental and is a great option to save you from having to cook your own or go out to eat. Being able to stay somewhere with a gorgeous harbor view and a golf cart provided so that you can roam around the island is just wonderful. I would highly recommend Marsh Harbour Inn to anyone...in fact, I was just giving out the information today to a co-worker who wanted to explore the island this summer. If you are going to leave home, it's nice to go somewhere that feels just as comfortable!

Room Tip: Pick a room with a view of the harbor!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redhead1229
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We had an absolutely amazing time just recently at Marsh Harbour. The Inn is so beautiful looking out to the Harbor. The Inn staff are amazing and so generous with their time - they make your stay very inviting and surround you with beautiful flowers and candles, great wine and cheeses. It's such a terrific experience. The continental breakfast each morning is superb - nice fresh fruits, coffees, juices, teas, different pastries, variety of breakfast cereals and granolas - a real treat. Anything you want or need, they are delighted to help you. The facility is very warm and inviting. It is worth every penny and more - I HIGHLY recommend Marsh Harbour Inn for a romantic weekend, family stay, business retreat. This is the place to come when you want great service and beautiful island views. I recently celebrated my 50th birthday with several of my girlfriends at the Inn - we all had such a terrfic time. Please make this your next destination!!!!!

Room Tip: Every room has great views and each one is warm and inviting.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We just returned from a week long stay. The Ferry Ride just leaves the rest of the world behind. Upon arrival on the tram, Jo greeted us and made us feel welcome. After a quick tour of the Inn, we found our golf cart and headed out to explore the Island. The Island is a great place to just relax and refresh. Spa services at the Island Spa were delightful! I loved the daily breakfast (I ate the oatmeal, fresh fruit and yogurt) and room refreshes, that made our stay even better! Can't wait to return for another stay! This truly is a little piece of heaven!

Room Tip: Our favorite family room is Room 6. Our favorite couples room is Room 2.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a couples trip to BHI in May. I found the staff at the Inn very easy to work with to make our reservation and the emails with the receipt and confirmation were timely and helpful. At check in, the Inn keeper showed us around and let us know about the downstairs, golf car and our room. We found the Inn to be clean and well-maintained. Our room had a gorgeous view of the harbour and the deck outside made it comfortable to go outdoors and relax and take in the fresh air and watch the ferry come and go. It also made for a beautiful setting as we watched the sun set. The room we stayed in was overall well maintained with nice linens and comfortable chairs/table/sofa etc. The bed mattress was extremely comfortable. We found it very convenient to have the breakfast served continental style in the morning so we could grab a bite when coming back from a walk on the beach or before heading out for a morning activity.
The reason this is not a 5 star for us is more for picky reasons. This is an excellent inn and I recommend it to anyone. But these upgrades/updates would make the Inn a 5 star for us.
1 - Make the breakfast more upscale. The coffee brewed was folgers and the creamers were a powder. These little things make a difference. Brew a higher quality coffee and set out creamers and items that help a customer customize their morning coffee. Maybe that does mean less selection but make the selection quality. Some of the food items were blah. The sausage biscuit was not a good quality and I am sure they could find better bagels to put out. I would even suggest one hot item to be served. Maybe a small batch of scrambled eggs or hot oatmeal prepared daily.
2 - This Inn does not recycle. That was pretty surprising to us. It is now 2013 and to see a business not take part in recycling is disappointing. Strategically place a few recycling bins in the dining area and a bin in each room and it could be taken care of.
3 - There could be a few updates made to our bathroom. I found the fixtures all extremely dusty yet a cleaning service came in each day. The bathroom has great water pressure but the shower head was basic. Again, just this little upgrade to a more deluxe shower head can make a difference in feeling like you are staying at a classier inn.

We will definitely consider the Inn again for any trips we make to BHI. But these little updates would take the Inn from a 4 star to a 5 for us in no time. All staff was courteous and helpful and we always felt safe on the property. Just taking a leisurely walk from the Inn to look at the houses nearby or to walk to dinner was such a nice treat too.

Room Tip: If you can splurge for a room on the 3rd floor - the views are spectacular. Or we found just having a front room that faces the harbor was just what we needed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple