“A Must Visit”

Bald Head Island Conservancy
Reviewed 21 July 2012

If you are going to be staying a few days on the island, this is definitely a place you must visit! If you are there during turtle laying or hatching season they do "turtle walks" at night. We didn't actually see any on our night, but the talk (with a powerpoint presentation) was informative, the interns were passionate about their work, and my daughter loved playing with the bioluminescence in the sand. They have a great store, and all proceeds benefit the conservancy. They also do camps for the kids, which my daughter LOVED. It was not cheap, but she spent the rest of the trip talking about it and we had 3 hours to ourselves. :) We did not do the touch tank, si I can't speak about that, but they do have other exhibits that are open each day that discuss different aspects the island. THis is not something you would stay hours at, but would make a nice stop on the way to East Beach.

** I only gave it a 4, not a 5, because it isn't very large, but it is a small island, so I wouldn't expect it to be large.

** I am a science teacher, so I probably get a little more excited than the average person, but the rest of the family enjoyed it too. :)

2  Thank oceanai