“Relax”

Balsam Mountain Inn Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Balsam Mountain Inn Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Balsam
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old Balsam Depot Rd.
Abingdon, Virginia
“Relax”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Be prepared for a long meal. They cook each meal individually so you should plan at least 2 hours. Restaurant was not crowded, but we were there over 2 hours. We think they were not prepared for 2 large parties plus others on a Fri. night when not staying at the Inn. Food was very good, but pricey.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Susan K

“We love everything about the Balsam Mountain Inn”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a chain, this is not it! We've stayed here every year for a weekend in the summer. The food and the service are excellent. Tonight I had the Mediterranean chicken and my husband, the filet with scallops. All of it was very tasty. We ended with a fudge brownie topped with salted caramel ice cream. Yum! We'll be back next year.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Bmoss10
Port Richey, Florida
“Great Review”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

ON June 22, 2014. I took my wife to the Balsom Inn for our anniversary dinner. I made my reservation by phone. I arrived on time and was seated almost as soon as we arrived. Our hostess was very polite and our server ( Christine) was the best we could ask for. Our meal was just as great. While we were eating the owner came over to our table and introduced her self and want to make sure our meal was as we wanted. I could not ask for a better evening. I would very highly recommend this restaurant. The service was great. The food was great. The owner made you feel welcome. It was great.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Frank P
Duck, North Carolina
“Ripoff”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Portions big enough for a 2 year old, overpriced - go somewhere else. Had to send back my first dinner as it was inedible.

Visited June 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Relaxing and yummy!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed at the Inn and had breakfast both nights. We had dinner one of the nights. Breakfast was awesome and included in the rate. There was more than enough food. Dinner was good as well. I felt that it was a little pricey and a little bummed when I found out we would be sitting in the small area we had for breakfast and not the dinner hall. The dinner hall was very pretty and was hoping to explore that. Either way we had shrimp pene with scallops and clams. It was about $20 each and we had the stuffed mushrooms. The food was very good and very filling. The lady who served us was very nice and even gave us a wine glass to take to our room (since we had forgotten them at home). If you are in the area and looking for good breakfast or a nice dinner I would suggest eating here.

• Visited March 2014