We looked for a place to stay when picking up our granddaughter from camp. Little did we know we would get a great vacation of our own! We stayed 2 nights at the Balsam Mountain Inn and thoroughly enjoyed the quaint, old fashioned atmosphere. Opened the windows at night and crawled under ample comforters into a very comfortable bed. Slept so soundly - loved that! Give yourself a needed respite at Balsam Mountain Inn! Breakfast is included and you can optionally enjoy a delightful dinner too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Read, rest, ramble and romp at the Balsam Mountain Inn! Nestled among lofty Smoky Mountain peaks just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Balsam Mountain Inn was completed in 1908 to serve the highest railway depot in the east. Restored in 1991, the inn now welcomes travelers with 50 cheerful rooms, rocker-filled porches, a fine library and gracious dining. Plump pillows and soft comforters inspire pleasant dreams! In December, 2011, the Inn came once again to be owned by Merrily Teasley, the innkeeper who restored the structure two decades ago. An experienced rescuer of wonderful buildings, Teasley bought the derelict inn in 1990, and her certified rehabilitation effort helped the inn – already on the National Historic Register – experience a rebirth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant Hotel Balsam
- Balsam Mountain Inn And Restaurant