Very nice place and people, special thanks to waitress Sally in the dining room who could not have been more hospitable. They mean what they say in the inn brochure and room manual, it IS an old all wood hotel and you can hear every sound. For us this just added to the charm and we slept soundly in the very cool evening air. (Stayed in early August) No need even for the fans that were provided. Dinner was good but maybe not quite up to the prices charged, but could be close with just a smidgen of improvement. Overall a great place for a night or two if you are driving the Blue Ridge Parkway and need a place to stay that is very close (1 mile) to the parkway. There need to be more old places like this. Was happy to stay and pay just to support them and the old place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Read, rest, ramble and romp at the Balsam Mountain Inn! Nestled among lofty Smoky Mountain peaks just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Balsam Mountain Inn was completed in 1908 to serve the highest railway depot in the east. Restored in 1991, the inn now welcomes travelers with 50 cheerful rooms, rocker-filled porches, a fine library and gracious dining. Plump pillows and soft comforters inspire pleasant dreams! In December, 2011, the Inn came once again to be owned by Merrily Teasley, the innkeeper who restored the structure two decades ago. An experienced rescuer of wonderful buildings, Teasley bought the derelict inn in 1990, and her certified rehabilitation effort helped the inn – already on the National Historic Register – experience a rebirth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant Hotel Balsam
- Balsam Mountain Inn And Restaurant