“Relaxing and friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banner Elk
The Perry House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 8 Banner Elk B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We recently stayed 2 nights at The Perry House. It has an excellent location- within walking distance to numerous restaurants and across the street from Lees-McRae College. Mike and Robin were so easy to talk with and made you feel like family. The room was very quiet and spacious with a nice bed. We had walked to an excellent tapas restaurant recommended by Mike and got caught in a tremendous rainstorm when we were done. Robin braved the storm and the night to come to our rescue. Need we say more about how wonderful and welcoming Mike and Robin are. We love the town of Banner Elk and will be back and will definitely be staying at The Perry House.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cheryl P

Reviewed 12 August 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Perry House about 1/2 dozen times this year. Robin and Mike are so welcoming. They (and their sweet dog, Guiness) made us feel like we were part of their family. The location is excellent. We were within walking distance of all the great restaurants in Banner Elk and, sitting in the rocking chairs on the front porch, we could relax while watching the world go by. The breakfasts were delicious and we never had the same one twice! Wonderful casseroles, fruit, breads, etc. Robin and Mike were very flexible with our schedules, even getting up very early one morning to make sure we were fed before we had to leave. Also loved the little extras; water bottles in the refrigerator, snacks and chocolate always sitting out and coffee, tea and hot chocolate ready to be brewed. I would highly recommend the Perry House. And, if you're looking for the best reuben sandwich in town, go to Dunn's Deli at the bottom of the hill. Robin and Mike run that too!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elizabeth E
Reviewed 5 August 2012

The Perry House was a perfect home base for a five-day hiking vacation. Robin and Mike were warm and gracious hosts, without hovering over us. Our room (the Betsy Room) was comfortable, and we enjoyed having a view of the town from our front window. Since there was no refrigerator in our room, they let us keep the snacks we'd brought in their fridge - but as it turned out there were many snacks, as well as coffee and cold drinks, available all the time in the inn.

Robin cooked delectable breakfasts three of the mornings we were there, served family-style, which I appreciate, as I'm watching my weight and would rather not feel pressured to "clean my plate." The other two mornings we walked down the hill to Dunn's Deli, where Mike cooked our breakfasts to order. I recommend his French toast! On those mornings we were free to eat whenever we chose.

The location is excellent - central to lots of wonderful hikes. Grandfather Mountain, Beech Mountain, Sugar Mountain, and the Blue Ridge Parkway are all short drives away. If you want to go just slightly farther, just past Boone, try the Elk Knob Trail for a beautifully constructed trail with fabulous views at the top. There are plenty of restaurants a short walk away - we enjoyed Blue Ridge Bistro, Zuzda, and Frog and Monkey. But don't forget Dunn's Deli for lunch - Mike's homemade soups are outstanding.

All in all this was a wonderful vacation, in great part because of the Perry House. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gdionelli
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The hosts did a great job of welcoming my friend and I while not "hounding" us. The house was nice and the wine and breakfast were excellent. The TV in our room was sub-par, but we weren't looking for that in our stay anyway! It was a short, rainy stay, so unfortunately we didn't get to see much of Banner Elk or Grandfather Mountain, but went to Linville Falls. I would definitely recommend the Perry House to friends and family.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cherreal07
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My husband and I just returned from another wonderful weekend at the Perry House. Although we have family in Banner Elk, we always stay at the Perry House, where Robin and Mike Dunn are very gracious innkeepers and continue to make us feel at home. The rooms (and we've stayed in all of them over our numerous visits) are charming and very comfortable. And I can't say enough about the delicious breakfasts. All in all, it's just a treat to visit this B&B and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jane K
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband and I stayed only one night (at the last minute) but it was very comfortable and cozy and clean. The house is beaufiful and in the best location in downtown Banner Elk. There are a few shops and plenty of restaurants all within walking distance. Dunn's Deli is yummy as well. Perry House is across the street from Lees McRae College yet a very tranquil setting. Robin and Mike are very gracious and friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. They even invited our son (whom we were visiting at college) to join us for breakfast. Would definitely recommend to others and go back for another stay!

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Maria H
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Great visit with Robin and Mike. Very gracious hosts! Their home is your home for the weekend. Very relaxing, great breakfast, excellent coffee and superb location in Banner Elk! We already have booked another weekend with them.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Azalea Inn Bed and Breakfast
The Lodge at River Run
The Lodge at River Run
#2 of 9 in Banner Elk

Been to The Perry House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!