“Great value, delicious food, friendly service - a gem”
Review of The Frog & the Monkey - CLOSED

The Frog & the Monkey
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Lowcountry, SC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great value, delicious food, friendly service - a gem”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My family and I ate dinner there and thoroughly enjoyed the food. We saw the other reviews in TripAdvisor and it was clear to us this was the place to go. We are self-admitted food snobs and this did not disappoint. We tried the spinach artichoke dip served in a bread bowl with fresh carrots and celery. The dip was amazing- not the fatty, cheesy type of dip you find most places, but packed with large chunks of fresh, delicious artichokes and just enough cheese to make it yummy! We also tried the turkey soup, the flatbread special of the day and the winner of the evening- the bison burger. To finish, we had to try the chocolate frogs-which were as good as the other reviews state. Oh, and as if all this wasn't enough? They also have a small, but decent selection of craft beers. What more could you ask for? Don't miss this restaurant if you like good, healthy food. We can't wait to come back on our next visit.

• Visited January 2012

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Beautiful eclectic fresh foods.”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We enjoyed this restaurant south we had to return the next day to explore more of the menu. Fresh delicious foods that we both loved everything we had on our visit. Make sure to have one of the signature chocolate monkeys or frogs as a dessert.

Boone, North Carolina
“Great Menu with Healthy Choices”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We stopped in after reading the great reviews on TA and were not disappointed! The broccoli cheese soup was excellent as was my Bison Burger. My wife had trouble keepin all the ingredients on her tempeh sandwich but she loved the flavor profiles. Kids dug the Mac and Cheese and Sweet potato fries. This is a great hidden gem with very welcoming and accommodating staff (front and back of the house)

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Wataugian
Cary, NC
“Fun, interesting & unique evening”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My wife and I had trouble deciding where in Banner Elk to eat. The other good reviews and a bit of luck landed us here. The atmosphere was welcoming and homey. Our waiter was helpful with suggestions. Lots of vegetarian options on the menu. We started with hummus and pita/vegetables. My wife had the flat bread which was great. I order the veg. Burger made with mushrooms and walnuts. I'm new to the vegetarian world but this was pretty good. A large party arrived shortly before us so our meal took a while. During the wait my wife and I made old use of the Trivial Pursuit cards near our table and had a great time. The cooks treated us with free creme burle due to wait. This wasn't necessary since we'd had such a good time but desserts were delicious. A fun, unique experience.

Hendersonville, NC
“Amazing but”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Amazing food. Amazing service. Terrific staff. Coffee to die for. First time I EVER left more than a 20% tip. We each had one of the evening's specials, an individual pizza. Hers was all veggies; mine I added bacon (not bits, real bacon). Crust made in-house. Loved the green olives. Could not have been any better. And I finished with a Chocolate Monkey & coffee. Please visit its Facebook page for details. http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Frog-and-The-Monkey/219527171419391?sk=info The 'but?' See the menu on Facebook. This isn't a place for kids. This is a place for adults, with adult palettes. Just an amazing find in a very small skiing town.

• Visited November 2011