“Just a great lunch !!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 26 July 2014

While visiting friends in Linville, we stop at Nick's one day for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. It was busy, but our waiter was great, we had very good service and the food was very good. I was in the mood for spicy, so I ordered their chicken quesadilla with extra Jalapenos. The quesadilla was thick, fresh, filled with chicken, cheese and excellent. My wife ordered their rueben, which she deemed was excellent, but it was layered with so much beef, that she actually took almost half of it off and then enjoyed. The only thing that I could find wrong was they are not close to where we live. Oh, by the way, they had a draft special and it was cold and very enjoyable.

Vicki T, Owner at Nick's Restaurant and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for your review. People don't always take the time to say something good, only post if something is bad. Have a great weekend! Vicki Treyz

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Average is about the best I can say about Nick's. The food is decent - simple stuff, mainly, although the coconut shrimp is tasty…but the most difficult thing about the place is that many smokers frequent it. While smoking is not allowed inside, the smokers stand just outside the door and one cannot enter or leave without getting a good blast of it. Sometimes, it wafts inside, too. This does not add to my dining experience, and therefore Nick's is more of a last resort for me.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

They have karaoke on Friday nights from 8-midnight. We had lunch on Thursday and took our son and his wife back for dinner, drinks and karaoke on Friday night. We all had a lot of fun. The service is good and friendly. The ribs and Reubens are good.

Vicki T, Owner at Nick's Restaurant and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your review. We all appreciate your patronage here at Nicks. You taking the time to review us means a lot. Next time you come in ask for me Vicki and get 10percent off your check. Thank you again.

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped here a couple of times! Fresh food & cold brew. Salads are awesome, fries are crispy & burgers are great! Reasonably priced with daily beer specials.

Vicki T, Owner at Nick's Restaurant and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Thank you for your review of Nick's Restaurant & Pub. People don't always take the time to say something good. I appreciate you taking the time. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stumbled upon this place while out shopping in Banner Elk. We thought we'd be in and out in an hour or less and boy were we wrong. First off, when you walk in, there is no one to greet you. After staring at the bartender for a minute we got no recognition. Finally we figured out we were to seat ourselves....why the bartender who certainly knew we were there couldn't have told us that was beyond me. We proceeded to sit at our table for almost 10 minutes before said bartender brought us menus- but no drink order was taken. After realizing the bartender was also our waitress we should have known we were doomed! It took us over 2 hours from start to finish for just 3 of us....we didn't order alcohol, just sandwiches and soft drinks. Service was horrible and food was mediocre. This place really needs to hire a wait staff and train others on efficiency otherwise they won't stay in business much longer.

Vicki T, Owner at Nick's Restaurant and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

I do apologize that your experience at Nick's was less than desirable. I see that you visited us during December 2013. I have no excuse for the poor performance of the bartender. I am thinking that you may have come in on a very busy day, if you had to wait that long for your food. I wish you had of asked to see a Manager so I could have remedied the situation on the spot. If you would please give us another chance I promise your experience will be much more pleasurable. Thank you for your response. It enables me to see where improvement is needed.