“Not wowed”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2013

A little surprised other reviews are relatively positive. My experience at eat crow was brief, thank goodness. It seemed like a good idea to stop for a quick bite, but as soon as we stepped in the door at 3:30 p.m. (Their hours say they are open until 5:00 p.m.) it seemed like the waitress(and apparently one of the owners... Who knew!) was already rushing us to leave. She kept asking us if we were going to order anything, while we were obviously contemplating over their lackluster menu. We eventually asked if we could split their turkey sandwich and leave a half with just turkey on it since my significant other is kinda picky about certain ingredients. The waitress replyed with a condescending tone, as if it was too difficult to leave one half plain! I'm pretty sure making a sandwich isn't rocket science. In fact, leaving the other half plain would make your life easier right? This experience made me have my first ever rant on tripadvisor(chicken sandwich rant above). The point is, this restaurant is over-rated, and as a local in the area for over 25 years, I will not be going back to this establishment.

2  Thank Dsa12345

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I had heard about Eat Crow for two years and finally had an opportunity to have lunch there. Fabulous sandwiches, soups, and decadent desserts. It's in a tiny strip mall and easy to miss but well worth searching for it.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

The waitress was friendly and attentive, but it took a long time for our food (for a late lunch) when there were only 3 other tables seated in the restaurant. The green chile corn chowder was the best thing. I enjoyed the firecracker slaw which was a bit spicy with cranberries and purple cabbage. The restaurant was only serving sandwiches on wheat bread which was homemade and quite tasty. We did not have dessert, but noticed that a lot of folks came in to pick up cupcakes and pies and frozen meals and soup. I got the impression that the restaurant does quite well with the retired resort clientele that lives in the area. I did like the atmosphere of the cafe--1920s/30s jazz music, hodgepodge tables and linens, and crows wearing bandanas (not live ones, of course). I did notice that the chef/owner invited a guest back to the kitchen to share a recipe which was really nice. We had lots of time to people watch while waiting for our sandwiches.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I just recently discovered Eat Crow on Highway 105, near Foscoe. This is the best kept secret in Watauga County! I have been in the area for the past six months, and I can't tell you how many times I have wandered around aimlessly looking for a great place for a healthy lunch. I will search no more! Specializing in all things delectable, including gourmet sandwiches, soups, cakes and a plethora of pies, this little cafe' is amazing! The atmosphere is perfect. We are always welcomed the minute we come in the door. The food is wonderful! The decor is quaint and very clean. The music is nice. I have had soups, sandwiches, as well as the vegetable risotto. All fabulous! We also had to try the homemade pie. We chose a triple berry pie and the crust was divine! "Chef Dominic" whipped up some fresh creme, so that we could have fresh whipped creme on top of our pie! He made us feel so special! Don't forget to take dinner home from their freezer. We will continue to eat there as often as possible. Don't miss it if you are anywhere near Boone or Valle Crucis, NC!

2  Thank OmahaSerendipity
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Great restaurant, nice country feel with a great staff..pasta salad is a must! The wait was not long. The staff were nice and very accommodating. It's wonderful to have more options in the area.