“Excellent Homemade Fare”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I are vacationing in Banner Elk, and discovered this excellent, quaint restaurant close to our condo. The food is fresh, homemade, and very well prepared. The owners and our server were very welcoming, and made us feel very much at home. My husband loves fruit pies, and thought their pie was outstanding. Try the blue cheese coleslaw - it is delicious and different. They have meals and soups to take home, and we tried two of their soups for dinner one night and they were delicious as well. We are going to have lunch at Eat Crow again today, and we'll definitely be back on future visits to the area.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I could not be in the vicinity and not get a takeout. The Caprese Salad was so fresh and delicious. And the frozen chicken parm was so great at home that night! A real treat. Check out the desserts... 0MG! A small cafe' in a strip center that's very special!

1  Thank DK B
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Small restaurant with fresh ingredients and bread made each morning. Everyone was pleasant and very helpful. We will stop here every time we visit the area! By the way, we purchased a chx pot pie(uncooked) to go! Best I've ever had!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is a small store front with good food. We had bowls of good soup, nice sandwiches and FANTASTIC deserts. The owner/waitress was most helpful and we will be back. Be aware that to-go soups and meals are available if you are visiting in the area.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

A little surprised other reviews are relatively positive. My experience at eat crow was brief, thank goodness. It seemed like a good idea to stop for a quick bite, but as soon as we stepped in the door at 3:30 p.m. (Their hours say they are open until 5:00 p.m.) it seemed like the waitress(and apparently one of the owners... Who knew!) was already rushing us to leave. She kept asking us if we were going to order anything, while we were obviously contemplating over their lackluster menu. We eventually asked if we could split their turkey sandwich and leave a half with just turkey on it since my significant other is kinda picky about certain ingredients. The waitress replyed with a condescending tone, as if it was too difficult to leave one half plain! I'm pretty sure making a sandwich isn't rocket science. In fact, leaving the other half plain would make your life easier right? This experience made me have my first ever rant on tripadvisor(chicken sandwich rant above). The point is, this restaurant is over-rated, and as a local in the area for over 25 years, I will not be going back to this establishment.

2  Thank Dsa12345