“Creative and Delicious Sandwiches, Not Your Ordinary Deli”
Review of Eat Crow

Eat Crow
Ranked #10 of 48 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Greensboro, Georgia
“Creative and Delicious Sandwiches, Not Your Ordinary Deli”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Eat Crow is a small restaurant and was very busy when we arrived. Service was somewhat slow but well worth the wait. The egg salad, obviously made at the restaurant, was delicious. The roast beef sandwich, served with blue cheese cole slaw and tomato slices, was out of the ordinary and excellent. The deserts looked great but we were too full to order one. We have previously takeout meat pies which were also very good.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Best deli in the mtns”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

To call this a deli is a misnomer . . . the sandwiches and salads are definitely gourmet . . . the desserts to die for . . . all homemade right there. We haven't tried the specialty gourmet dinners that they offer about once a month . . . but I hear they are the same outstanding meal as are the lunches.

Visited July 2014
Banner Elk, North Carolina
“Lovely Lunch Spot”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

ok, so the location isn't all that great. It's at the end of a small strip building that also houses the state police for this area and a garage door company. But once inside, you forget about that. Inside the Eat Crow are several cozy tables, and one community table. There is a refrigerated case with the pies they baked that day on display. Sandwiches are available on 2 different types of homemade bread, and they are piled high with what type of sandwich you choose. I have had 2 sandwiches here with a side of fresh fruit that is really fresh. Both times I have been there, the wait staff has been excellent, fast and courteous. I will definitely be going back!

Visited July 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Outstanding and Delicious Meals Will Reward Your Patience”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Eat Crow has a menu with many truly delicious items, all freshly prepared from high quality ingredients. The food is flavorful, fresh, and utterly delicious. The restaurant is very small, so it can be standing room only to get a table here. The dining area and staff are small, so be patient if you're trying to get a table. We frequently order take-out items such as their exceptionally good Shepherd's Pie, Chicken Pie, or one of their great deserts. Try the Carrot Cake, it's the best I've ever eaten. You can order take-out items a few days ahead and they'll have your order ready when you arrive. Despite the few negative reviews listed on Tripadvisor related to slow service, be patient if you're dining in, and you will be rewarded with a great meal. The quality of the food here is among the best you will encounter in the high country of NC.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Difficult owner”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I can't really comment on the quality of the food because I was never able to get the owners attention long enough to confirm the order. I was coming to town for the long weekend and had three events I needed to bring food to. I wanted to pick something up Thursay evening, Friday afternoon and a catered meal on Saturday. I spoke with Meryle the week before the first event and she was "busy getting ready for dinner". She took down my information and said she would call me with a quote. And then I never heard from her again until the Friday I was supposed to pick up the first item. Needless to say, since I never heard back from her, I had made other arrangements and when I explained this to her, she said "so you don't want any of it" and when I said "that is correct" she hung up on me! (She then called 15 minutes later to discuss my order for the next day and when I told her we had just spoken, she said "no we didn't"?? She is a bit confused I'm afraid.

3 Thank Janet D