“Great bar and atmosphere”

Puerto Nuevo Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
I get around
“Great bar and atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed up at the Highlands at Sugar and came down here for food a couple of nights. It was so good we came back twice. Great beer list, my wife loved the margaritas.

Visited January 2014

“Best Mexican I've Ever Had”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

If you love Mexican, you'll definitely want to make plans to include this restaurant on your meal itinerary when in the Banner Elk/Boone area. The restaurant is beautiful, the service (Shout out to Ricardo!) and the food are amazing and the prices were just right. My husband and I love what we call Fajitas over Rice. It's a bed of rice with the fajita chicken and veggies on top covered in cheese dip. We both asked for that and I can't remember how many times I told my husband that it was the best I'd ever had. Eat here - you'll regret it if you don't!

• Visited February 2014
McMinnville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You won't be disappointed!”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have never been to Banner Elk and hadn't read any reviews before arriving at Puerto
Nuevo. I wasn't expecting anything more than your average Mexican food, but was pleasantly surprised at the variety and flavor of the food. Our favorite dish was a hearty serving of delicious, fresh made guacamole. (Be aware that it is a $6 item plus tip for the lady who makes it in front of you.) I ordered the choripollo and have never tasted anything so delicious. We sat near a large fireplace which provided a charming setting. This place got our trip started right! Anyone who is disappointed with this restaurant is way too hard to please.

LINVILLE
“Get the guacamole!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

You'll see in several of the reviews that the guacamole is made fresh by hand at your table. The ingredients are fresh and you can see exactly what is going into it. You can have it made to your taste leaving out items you don't like and adding extras of things you do like. My friend and I ordered and he said that he didn't like guacamole. I asked him to please at least try this because its so much better than the pre-made stuff, which I also do not like. He loved this guacamole! The food was good, service was quick and friendly and the price is very reasonable. He had taco salad with beef tips and raved about how good the beef was. I had a combo and it was good as have been all the items I've had here.

• Visited January 2014
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Incredible value!”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We've passed by this place many times without noticing it - our loss. Absolutely terrific food and delicious margaritas. A ton of food for the price. We had to take 2 boxes back with us. Service was excellent. Family owned and operated by a Mexican family. Highly recommended!! Word of wisdom - a medium margarita is plenty!