“Can be better...”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Banner Elk Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided horse-tours for all ages with spectacular views of Grandfather Mountain.
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We brought our two son's to this farm last September. I do not think we will be returning this September. We too were greeted by many, many dogs that did not appear healthy. We also questioned if the horses were treated fairly. The guide who took us on our tour was unable to answer any questions that my very inquistive 6 year old ask, like "What does a horse eat?" "how much do they weigh?" which should be basic information for someone who handles horses. Additionally, when my son would ask questions, we were told that the guide had been out all night and was not feeling well. The trails were very rocky.

3  Thank KAD0929

Reviewed 7 October 2012

My daughter and I took our first ride in the mountains here. I was excited to find a place that was reasonably priced and close to where we were staying. The views are spectacular, but I must agree about the trails and the horses. Compared to every other place we have ever riden it is not someplace I would bring my daughter again. We have since gone riding at several other stables in that area since we go there about once a month. The trails at this particular place are very poorly kept and the most disturbing part is that the horses are poorly kept as well. So are all of the other animals that are there from what I could tell. My daughter did not want to go back and I must agree. I would rather pay more and have the place take better care of their horses, the trails, and the equipment.

6  Thank Tara S
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Very nice guide (Justin). Great price. Nothing fancy about the ranch. Trail is rocky, but beautiful area to ride through

4  Thank lori r
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We enjoyed our trail ride so much. There were beautiful views of Grandfather Mtn. from the trail. The farm is very rustic and there were lots of farm dogs and cats, but that didn't bother me as I grew up on a farm and knew what to expect. The staff was professional and experienced.

3  Thank suzieq45
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Well not knowing what to expect I can say it was enjoyable. The guide was very patient and understanding of an individuals needs I am almost 70 and not really in best of shape for this activity but was able to enjoy it Highl recommend this activity

2  Thank PatM2631