“An Oasis in Paradise”
Review of Banner Elk Winery

Banner Elk Winery
Ranked #6 of 18 things to do in Banner Elk
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Banner Elk Winery is one of those amazing places you think you will only read about in a magazine or see on a movie. You travel down a side-street and wind up in an alpine valley carved against a blue sky. The wine is wonderful and the atmosphere is incredible. Also, music is often provided, so you can sit, sip, and listen as the world spins beneath you.

1  Thank SoundTravelerBand
"great wine"
"interesting visit"
"take home"
in 4 reviews
"the blue ridge mountains"
"north carolina"
in 5 reviews
"spend an afternoon"
"worth a stop"
"the high country"
"cheese and crackers"

Reviewed 9 February 2013

This place is amazing even with snow all over. The girl in the tasting room was awesome (short hair) and so knowledgeable about all the wines. The wines were all very good and I can't wait to see the place when we can get a tour of the vineyards in the summer. Would have loved to stay at the villa but it was booked solid.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

The wine tasting was part of our weekend at the Villa. The girl pouring knew a lot about each kind of wine, and it was all good!!! There was a great crowd there, but we still received great service! We will go back again!

Reviewed 19 November 2012

I stayed here this past weekend since it is a bed and breakfast and I must say I will for sure come come back as often as I can when I need to get away. Tie place is beautiful and the innkeepers are some of the nicest ppl I have ever met. My room was the blueberry suite which my fiancé loved staying in and thought the room was beautiful with a great view of the pond and mountains outside. The villa is very spacious and they even have some cookies waiting for you or pie as soon as you arrive through the front door. This place is so relaxing and even the winery has some really good tastings with the extremely helpful staff. I stayed the entire weekend and really didn't want to leave when my time was up. Had a pretty good massage while staying there as well and some directv tv in case you need it in the room. My fiancé also loved the jacuzzi tub in our room a lot and the breakfast they served was pretty good as well. Our first day there we never left the grounds cuz that's how awesome this place is. I couldn't say enough good things about this place. Everyone needs to stay here at least once!

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This truely was an awesome experience! We were married in September 2012 at the villa and it was beautiful! The scenery is breath taking! Jackie, the chef, was so friendly and helpful and Michelle, the owner, was so willing to help with everything!! They made us really feel like we were apart of their family! We will definetley go back! They have really good prices on packages and can take away and add to get exactly what you want! We did have a little mix up with our package, which Michelle was more than helpful to get straightened out later. I look forward to going back for a visit very soon!!!