“tired but nice location”

Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Banner Elk
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel has a wonderful location saddled between Banner Elk, Blowing Rock, Beech Mountain,etc. Unfortunately, it is tired and in need of repair. Employees were very accommodating, though, and breakfast was good!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
bwbannerelk, Manager at Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Guest.

Thank you for completing a review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We take great pride in our guest service, so I am very happy to hear you were pleased with our staff. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast as we have recently begun including it with your room.

I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the hotel. We have made several upgrades to our guest rooms recently including adding flat screen TV's, adding microwaves and refrigerators to every room, adding feather toppers to all of our mattresses and building a brand new fitness center. We are in the process of renovating our exterior siding as well and you may have been in a room close to the renovations.

We should have the exterior siding renovations completed within the next couple of weeks. Please give me a call at 828-898-4571 if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have you stay with us again.

Shannon Maness
Manager

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Place is a dump. Beds are horrible. Do not stay here. Went for coffee and breakfast and all picked over and coffee empty. No one in sight to take care of. Very disappointed. Building is in need of lots of repairs. Slippery Tiles in all walkways.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied during your stay with us. We have made several recent upgrades including adding microwaves and refrigerators to all rooms, adding flat screen TV's to all rooms, adding feather toppers to all of our mattresses, adding a brand new fitness center and so much more. We are also in the process of renovating our exterior siding. I am sorry if your room was close to the renovation area.

We would love for you to give us another opportunity in the future. We can make sure your room is assigned away from any renovations and we can also remove the feather topper from your mattress. Please call me directly at 828-898-4571 to discuss this further. We certainly value your business and want you to come back and see us.

Shannon Maness
Manager

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The guest service of this hotel was truly excellent. The location is good for visiting the Grandfather MTN and Blowing Rock areas. The value is excellent for the price. The rooms were updated and very tasteful. Good breakfast each morning. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel that is away from the Boone madness (traffic), but still close enough to drive over and to many attractions. Right between Sugar Mtn. And Beech Mtn. This is a nice quite and Cosy place to rest.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TALMADGE R
Reviewed 11 October 2013

First off, this motel is PET FRIENDLY, which is what got me staying here in the first place.

I have seen the negative reviews of this location and think that the negative reviews reflect people that stayed here on the weekends. My room this time was $90, but the SAME room goes up to $135 or MORE on the weekends. But as someone who has visited this area since the '70s, I can tell you that this is unfortunately the nature of the hotel industry in this part of North Carolina.

I stayed in the same room this year that I have stayed in before. I can tell you that the room HAS been updated and a few problems fixed.

The only reason my review this time around has gone down is that there is no longer a restaurant and bar on premises. Although I don't drink, the bar WAS a nice touch for a motel in this price range.

The staff is GREAT, the complimentary breakfast was VERY good, and the value for the money was unsurpassed. Just bear in mind that the room rates go up on Friday and Saturday nights.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms on the side of the building (versus the back) should have excellent views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The room was very nice and extremely clean. The decor was impressive and seemed to be fairly new. The double bed was more like a twin. The beds have a feather/down pillow top under the sheet, which was so nice. The room we had was on the first floor and since my father in law cannot get around it was perfect, no steps. The ice machine, drink and snack machines were inexpensive and centrally located for us. I especially enjoyed the bathroom amenities, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, lotion dispenser in a hotel is a big plus in my opinion. We were in the back of the hotel, which was awesome, no noise whatsoever. The hot breakfast was one of the best I have had in a hotel. The food was great tasting and there was plenty of it. I cannot say enough about the front desk staff who was very courteous and friendly. Checking in and out was very fast. I would highly recommend staying here if in the area. I know we will.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My wife and I wanted the cool of the mountains and an inexpensive place to stay. This place was just what we wanted - good bed, clean room, friendly staff and good price from Bestwestern.com. The best part of the stay was the breakfast - we did not expect a full hot breakfast. We did not get the name of the hostess but she was excellent. We would certainly stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
#10 of 18 in Boone
Courtyard Boone
Courtyard Boone
#5 of 18 in Boone

Been to Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk? Share your experiences!