“Clean and friendly hotel.”

Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Banner Elk
Banner Elk, United States
“Clean and friendly hotel.”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I liked this hotel; however not their (free) breakfast. Only think they had were scrambled eggs (cold and color wasn't look right), pork sausage (I don't eat pork because I am Muslim), pancakes (Every time I eat sweet food I get dizzy) So I have to go out to eat breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Hebrew first
Mount Pleasant, SC
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a skiing trip just after Christmas. The hotel was clean and the location was great. The hot water was an issue as our room and the room next to us both had cold showers both days.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Miami
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We liked this hotel very much! The only think I will recommend is to buy better mattresses. Other than that it is excellent.
Mattresses were ok, I think people need a good night sleep after skiing!
We recommend it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
STALEY,NC
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Came here last Thanksgiving night 2012, and since it is the only hotel close to our get together we reluctantly stayed here again and were pleasantly surprised. The girl at the front desk was awesome, very friendly on phone and in person, no problems at all. The breakfast room has been updated and now serves in their conference room, a better feel and overlooks the pool area. Hot waffles were added to the scrambled eggs, sausage links (luke warm and weird texture, I suggest nuking in micro for 30 secs, then they improve alittle) biscuits and gravy I didn't try. 2 kinds of juice, tea and coffee. Coffee was way watered down, (and I like my coffee weak) but try the main lobby hallway carafes, better coffee there. There was a popcorn maker, but was never running. No popcorn. The beds are still A NIGHTMARE. We had room 221, all 4 of us tossed and turned all night the beds were like sleeping in hammocks, slung way low in the center about 5 inches atleast and covered by a few inch topper. New flat screen tv and better cable selection and pic quality, but the reason for coming to a hotel is for sleep, and not much will be found here. The outside of all rooms are surrounded with ceramic tile that are shiny and when icy in winter is an accident waiting to happen. So dangerous, I suggest to get clear paint and add sand and paint on for better traction. Probably looks nice in summer which is a short season, that tile is insane. Never seen a hotel with ceramic tile outside of rooms. If the beds were replaced I would return, but will go somewhere else next yr and drive a bit just for the sleep alone. I will admit the place was very clean, a big improvement from our last visit, and the front desk cust service was awesome, but still the beds the number one reason for a hotel is still sad and lacking. Time to upgrade the beds or close hotel. NO SALT IS USED, ALL OUTSIDE ICE ON CERAMIC TILE, VERY DANGEROUS.

Room Tip: Be careful in winter, snow on outside tile will break your back. Please walk slow. No salt was used...
1 Thank LOVESJESUS
bwbannerelk, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us another opportunity to provide you with a better guest experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed some of our many improvements to our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good night's sleep. We have feather down toppers on all of our beds which can very easily be removed. Hopefully this would improve your sleep quality during stay with us. We thank you for staying with us and we do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future. Please call me directly the next time you are coming to the area and I will make sure the feather topper is removed from your bed. We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and we look forward to seeing you again.

Leeanna Sparks
Guest Service Manager
Reviewed 1 December 2013

great hotel, breakfast wasn't that good, and the fitness center could be better, but great location, best staff.very clean rooms and pet friendly. great for family vacation. we are going back there for sure

miami, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2013

my dog and I had a great stay! there could be better beds because the pillow tops shift. my dog absolutely loves his stays - the staff is very attentive to his and my needs which is why we have come back again!

1 Thank Gail M W
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My 85 yr. old mom wanted to see her grandchildren & great-grandchildren. The stay at this Best Western was PERFECT ! The staff was very kind to my mom. She loved the lobby with the fireplace. Having Breakfast on site was very helpful. This experience really helped make a " LOT" of good memories!! Thank You, David

Also consider these accommodations in or near Banner Elk
#3 of 15 in Blowing Rock
Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock
Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock
#2 of 15 in Blowing Rock

Been to Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk? Share your experiences!