“PUT THIS AT THE TOP OF YOUR BUCKET LIST!”
Review of Jackalope's View - CLOSED

Jackalope's View
Price range: US$16 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Jackalope's View and The Vault Bar are located halfway up Beech Mountain and Boasts one of the most beautiful views you could have. Downstairs is a culinary treat with upscale and fine dining choices, while upstairs in our Vault Bar provides a casual dining atmosphere and full bar. The Vault is currently open Thursday through Saturday from 5:00p until 2:00 am business permitting. Jackalopes is open Thursday through Monday from 5:00pm until 9:30pm. Reservations are encouraged for Jackalope's. Jackalope's View Is Now Open For Breakfast! 7:30AM to 10:30AM!!
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The view in and of itself is a huge reason to dine at Jackalopes View! It is breathtaking! When you roll that up together with the food, service, wine list, and atmosphere it makes a visit to Jackalopes View an absolute must! This place was really hopping so a reservation is highly recommended!

Innkeepers and restauranteurs John and Gloria will make you never want to leave! I am not kidding...by the end of your visit you will definitely feel like family! Our server (Max) was awesome and cute too! ( : He was very professional and personable...a great combination! He described menu items and made recommendations...on what to order AND what not to order (I love that in a waiter!). The bread and cheese and crackers were really good. I had the escargot appetizer. It was served in parmesan puff pastry in a garlic cream sauce...see my photo below- it sums up how I felt about this delicious first course! I had the New York Strip with herbed rice and asparagus for my entree...cooked to perfection....SO GOOD!!!! My daughter had a black bean veggie burger and loved it! My six year old daughter had pasta alfredo and practically licked the plate clean! For dessert we had the super fresh out of the oven Peach Cobbler a la mode. We were so full but I could have made room for more of that if someone had twisted my arm.

The dining room manager (Patty) checked on us a couple of times to make sure everything was good...we needed no assistance from her- a testimony to her management style!

The chefs came out at the end of the night and I was so glad to have the opportunity to rave about the food and it's presentation. I can't wait to go back in the fall to dine with a view of the foliage...you really should put this place on your bucket list...and ask for Max to be your server!

1  Thank Colleen S

Reviewed 14 August 2013

My son was recently married, and his reception was here. Food and service were exceptional. And, of course, there is the view. I have been occasionally going here for years, but with the new managers, I will go more often.

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Patty, Billy and Gloria were great! Very classy but comfortable and fun. Walk in and feel like your at one of your local establishments. Highly recommend...

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Great view, wonderful service, terrific food. The bar is very nice too. Make a reservation.....It gets busy.

1  Thank Robin H
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Having heard mixed reviews about Jackalopes over the years we decided to go pay the new owners a visit. We were made very welcome and decided to enjoy a drink in the bar prior to sitting down. Robby the bartender served up some great pre-dinner cocktails and was very helpful when it came to menu selections. The shrimp and grits appetizer was very tasty as was the shrimp wonton. Fresh mountain trout encrusted in nuts made a great entree and the recommended roast duck also lived up to expectations. The owners were on hand checking in on us and are extremely personable. For Beech Mountain residents, its great to have a good eatery just down the hill and we look forward to a return visit very soon!

1  Thank Christine C