“Great First Brunch!”

Jackalope's View
Ranked #24 of 48 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Price range: US$16 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Jackalope's View and The Vault Bar are located halfway up Beech Mountain and Boasts one of the most beautiful views you could have. Downstairs is a culinary treat with upscale and fine dining choices, while upstairs in our Vault Bar provides a casual dining atmosphere and full bar. The Vault is currently open Thursday through Saturday from 5:00p until 2:00 am business permitting. Jackalopes is open Thursday through Monday from 5:00pm until 9:30pm. Reservations are encouraged for Jackalope's. Jackalope's View Is Now Open For Breakfast! 7:30AM to 10:30AM!!
Boone, North Carolina
“Great First Brunch!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I was leaving the Beech Mountain Kite Festival early today (due to a TORRENTIAL rain storm) when I saw a sign in the front of Archer's Inn that said they were doing brunch today. We stopped in and were pleasantly surprised. Apparently, there is new ownership, and we were greeted by one of the owners, Gloria. She said that today was the first day for the brunch, and that they were going to be slowly bringing any number of changes and new ideas to the Inn and Jackalope's the restaurant at the Inn. Even though the weather was iffy, our window front table offered great views of the valley below and beyond. We both ordered bloody mary's that were "extra-spicy" as ordered. (yes, we had to have seconds!). There was a small salad bar included with the brunch that I had some fresh fruit from (which was good) that was okay, I passed on the salad. When asked about it, Gloria said that as business required, the salad bar would expand. which would be a good idea. (There was also a sampling of desserts, which was basically chocolate cake, and a few tarts. that could be expanded too.) Unfortunately,for the review, but fortunately for us, we both ordered the same entree: "Crab Benedict" which was superb. Perfectly done poached eggs on top of lump blue claw crab meat, which was excellent! What made this Hollandaise topped dish even better, was perfectly toasted split brioche that it was served upon.No dried out English muffin here.
I would order this again in a heartbeat. It was accompanied by "hash browns" which were actually sliced, deep fried, baby redskin potatoes. Also really good.
The menu is fixe price at $19, or $24 if you want a split of champagne. Aside from the crab benny, the menu included crepes, eggs to order, quiche, and numerous other items.
Come Autumn "leaf season" I could not think of a better place to start my Sunday morning than enjoying brunch with a bloody with this awesome view! I forgot to ask if they take reservations, but might be a good idea to call, as it was fairly busy on their first day!

• Visited September 2013

“Best meal of our trip.”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We had a wonderful meal from start to finish. A beautiful blue cheese wedge salad to start. My husband and I both had the grilled pork chop with mashed potatoes and heirloom carrots. Our guest had the pork tenderloin with a beautiful grilled peach with goat cheese and mashed potatoes and the carrots. Hubby had the peach cobbler for dessert and my friend and I split the Creme brûlée . Nice wine list and good cocktails to start. Wonderful staff. Our server Erin was a dream. Next year trip back to banner elk , this place is our first stop. Don't forget the view!

Cary, North Carolina
“PUT THIS AT THE TOP OF YOUR BUCKET LIST!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The view in and of itself is a huge reason to dine at Jackalopes View! It is breathtaking! When you roll that up together with the food, service, wine list, and atmosphere it makes a visit to Jackalopes View an absolute must! This place was really hopping so a reservation is highly recommended!

Innkeepers and restauranteurs John and Gloria will make you never want to leave! I am not kidding...by the end of your visit you will definitely feel like family! Our server (Max) was awesome and cute too! ( : He was very professional and personable...a great combination! He described menu items and made recommendations...on what to order AND what not to order (I love that in a waiter!). The bread and cheese and crackers were really good. I had the escargot appetizer. It was served in parmesan puff pastry in a garlic cream sauce...see my photo below- it sums up how I felt about this delicious first course! I had the New York Strip with herbed rice and asparagus for my entree...cooked to perfection....SO GOOD!!!! My daughter had a black bean veggie burger and loved it! My six year old daughter had pasta alfredo and practically licked the plate clean! For dessert we had the super fresh out of the oven Peach Cobbler a la mode. We were so full but I could have made room for more of that if someone had twisted my arm.

The dining room manager (Patty) checked on us a couple of times to make sure everything was good...we needed no assistance from her- a testimony to her management style!

The chefs came out at the end of the night and I was so glad to have the opportunity to rave about the food and it's presentation. I can't wait to go back in the fall to dine with a view of the foliage...you really should put this place on your bucket list...and ask for Max to be your server!

1 Thank Colleen S
Beech Mountain, North Carolina
“The food matches the view”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My son was recently married, and his reception was here. Food and service were exceptional. And, of course, there is the view. I have been occasionally going here for years, but with the new managers, I will go more often.

• Visited July 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great spot to have fun and a great meal.”
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Patty, Billy and Gloria were great! Very classy but comfortable and fun. Walk in and feel like your at one of your local establishments. Highly recommend...