“New chef, awesome food and great views!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jackalope's View
Ranked #21 of 48 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Price range: US$16 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Romantic, View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Jackalope's View and The Vault Bar are located halfway up Beech Mountain and Boasts one of the most beautiful views you could have. Downstairs is a culinary treat with upscale and fine dining choices, while upstairs in our Vault Bar provides a casual dining atmosphere and full bar. The Vault is currently open Thursday through Saturday from 5:00p until 2:00 am business permitting. Jackalopes is open Thursday through Monday from 5:00pm until 9:30pm. Reservations are encouraged for Jackalope's. Jackalope's View Is Now Open For Breakfast! 7:30AM to 10:30AM!!
NC
“New chef, awesome food and great views!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I celebrated my birthday with dinner here and both of us agree it was one of the best meals we've had anywhere (right up there with Artisanal). There have been changes in the staff in the last 6 weeks and they could not have been nicer or more attentive to make it a memorable evening. The grouper entrees (2 different presentations) were delicious and nice sized servings along with the blistered grape salad & fried green tomatoes, but we still had room for sharing bourbon pecan pie (servied with a candle). The wine selection is expanding and the waiter/manager and sommelier were as great as the views. There are few meals that you'll remember forever and this will be one.

2 Thank sailorsnc

Salisbury, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The hotel was awesome but”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Ok so I went on a 1 year anniversary trip with my husband to Archers Mountain. We walked into the office/restaurant where we were greeted, they were very nice. The hostess that worked in the restaurant area said that if we wanted to have dinner there tonight we would need to make reservations at that time. So I decided to do so. Well let's flash forward to 7:45, which was our reservations. The restaurant was not packed, we waited till 8:00 to be seated and waited to be asked what we would like. Finally our server came back at 8:05. We did not receive our food till 8:35. My husband's shrimp and grits were great but my vegetable lasagna was half cooked. It was like they warmed it and did not check to see if it was hot. I was very dissatisfied. As we finished we waited once again to receive our check and my husband went to the front desk to get someone to give us our check. I will not go back because of wait times and cold food and bad service. It seems to me they were low on staff.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Angel R
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Big portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

The service staff were very polite. The menu selection is not much but the portions are big. Unless you're staying for more than one night, and there is a fridge where you're at, you're better off sharing the food. We had the Vegetarian Lasagna and Pork Ribs, both of which were delicious. We really had to make an effort to try and finish it all! There is a balcony for outside dining, superb view and fresh mountain air.

Visited May 2014
Boone, North Carolina
“Great food and best view of the mountains!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Service was attentive with an accomodating and personal touch. Loved the blistered grape salad and the filet was one of the most tender I've had. The local farm to table vegetables were delicious as we're the desserts. Loved the Creme brulee! We had a great time there with friends, but this would be a great choice for a romantic evening.

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Some high points and some low points”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had reservations for six of us after a day of hiking. The place was not very crowded for 7pm on a Saturday. The staff was attentive. Our waiter had only worked there two days. When we ordered drinks, all the drinks came out fine except mine. It was a plain martini and the glass was only have full and had lots of ice, making it watery. When I complained, the bartender said it had no fillers so not full and did nothing to make it right. I did not drink it, sent it back, they never talked to me, offered to fix it, just said it was a standard five count. At the end of the meal it was still on the bill. The waiter had to go find the manager to get it taken off which he did. The food was good, service fair; the sommelier was very helpful and informative. The chef did not charge us a split fee. The customer service was poor. May not seem like a big deal but for the kind of money we spent there that night, an extra pour could have saved this place from a bad review.

• Visited April 2014