My wife and I stayed at Archer's Inn two years ago on a quick business trip. I was impressed with the amazing views and the more than hospitable owners at the time that got up early to make us a full breakfast before we left out again.
Sadly, that wasn't the case when we returned for a short weekend vacation this past weekend. The Inn has changed hands and has declined in quality and service all while retaining it's "upscale" cost.
- the beds were horrible. One of the beds was so rusty, barely moving in the middle of the night sounded like a train trying to stop. The other was quiet but swayed like the ocean with any movement.
- our "breakfast" from a list of four items (muffins, yogurt and fruit) was promised to be delivered at 8 am. At 8:20, it wasn't there and we left to go into town. When we returned, it was sitting on the deck.
- there was literally no water pressure and the tub was scratched and stained. Over the course of two day's stay, our room was NEVER touched - no new bath towels, no making of the beds. Even our basket of "breakfast" from the day before was left on the table. The windows were filthy and coated from not being cleaned, especially noticeable when you see the child's handprints from....who knows when.
- a fridge was provided but wasn't turned on. The breaker had been turned off.
If this were a quick, overnight motel for $65-$80, I would have expected about the same....but for $130 a night (at least), I will find somewhere else to stay when I go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Archer's Mountain Inn features fifteen hotel rooms with a fantastic restaurant and bar. All rooms feature fireplaces. The Laurel Lodge was once the personal home of Paul Dietzel. The home was turned into 7 bed and breakfast style rooms. The Hawks View Lodge is a newer facility that features 8 large rooms with balconies, fireplaces, and kitchenettes. The view from the upstairs Hawks View Lodge rooms is incomparable to any other view. We also have several lovely cabins and vacation home rentals.Our hotel and cabins are located on the side of Beech Mountain in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina. We are close to three local ski resorts, hiking, shopping, mountain biking, and much more!Use the menu above to browse through our accommodations. Make Archer's Mountain Inn and the Jackalope's View Restaurant on Beech Mountain your next mountain vacation destination.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Archer's Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Archer`s Mountain Hotel Banner Elk