“Wedding of Our Dreams!”

Ranked #7 of 9 Banner Elk B&B and Inns
Salisbury, NC
“Wedding of Our Dreams!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

My husband and I were looking for the perfect place to host our wedding reception and serve as lodging for our guests. We had met in the area and the place held certain sentimental charm for us. While planning our nuptials, I was in my last semester of nursing school and Candi and the rest of the staff at the Inn and Restaurant were all very helpful and accommodating to all of my needs. I even stayed within my budget! The food and service were excellent! Everyone in our party had a wonderful time and I am sure that many will come back on their own accord! We booked the Roof Top Suite. It is a very large room with a fireplace, spacious bathroom, and a huge deck with a gorgeous view and a hot tub. I can't imagine my wedding having been any better and owe so much to Archer's Inn/Jackalope's View. We were so happy with the service and our lodging, we look forward to returning for our anniversary for many years to come!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2009

I planned my father's 70th surprise birthday party with my sisters and Mom. Our guests stayed at the inn, and the Jackalope's View Resaurant hosted the event. The entire weekend was a huge success. The restaurant did an excellent job providing an excellent buffet that stayed within our budget. The dining room has a glass wall with mountain views, full bar and very friendly staff. We booked The Harris Brothers band and they played an assortment of music for all ages. Our guests stayed in the rooms. Rooms were cozy with fireplaces, efficiencies, and mountain views. This is not the fanciest hotel, more of an inn/ski lodge, but had plenty of ambiance . Our guests were treated to an excellent complimentary breakfast. Not the kind where your danish is in plastic but a real cooked to order breakfast. We would reccommend this inn and restaurant for anyone traveling to this beautiful area and would definitely reccomend the inn for hosting weddings, parties, family reunions etc.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2008

We stayed a long weekend (Friday - Monday) at Archer's Inn. The staff was excellent, the scenery was great. The rooms were very nice - balcony with fantastic mountain view, rocking chairs on the balcony - large rooms with nice furnishings. A good breakfast to start the day. Near so many places - waterfalls, caverns, mountain trails, golf, massages/spas......

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2008

We went for a long weekend of relaxation, and did we get it! The staff was super friendly and helpful. Gave us lots of suggestions on hiking trails and sightseeing.

The room was cozy- this is not a fancy place. It is very laid back and homey feeling.

The restaurant had really good food, with good variety. Breakfast was included, and they gave you 4 - 5 selections.

I would definately stay there again, and would reccommed it to anyone.

• Liked — Not stuffy - just casual and extremely friendly
  • Disliked — rooms had no Air condtioning. We didn't need it at the time, and was told that its usually not hot enough to need A/C
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
weston, fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2008

We visited Archer's Mountain Inn to see snow (we're from South Florida) and had great luck with that! We checked in, got our fire going, and the kids immediately began making a snowman in front of our room. There are 8 units in the Hawksnest lodge, we were on the end and there was a little road noise. However, the large room was great, we had two queen beds, one sofabed, and a kitchenette. The fireplace was great, I bought extra firelogs at the Lowes grocery store. We had dinner one night at Jackalopes, very nice, and the free cooked to order breakfast was a great start to a day of skiiing at Beech mountain (great lessons for our beginner kids).

The room was cleaned and made up promptly, it was clean and centrally located for skiing or going to Banner Elk. We loved dinner at Los Arcoris mexican restaurant. I think it would be great any time of year especially if you don't want the bother of cleaning up your own cabin and fixing all the meals. We had a mini-fridge and did lunch there at times. Like I said, breakfast was included. It was a break for me (mom). Good vacation!

• Liked — great free breakfast cooked to order, fireplace, location, view
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
Australian in New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2008

My room was lovely, the view was superb but it was sooo noisy I couldn't sleep. I was right at the end and the road curves right around the Inn likea hairpin bend and it had snowed so the slush-slush plus the snowplow... I felt like I was sleeping ON the road. I might try it again as the rooms were very spacious and they had a microwave but I would definitely request a room away from the road!

Stayed February 2007
Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2008

Rented a very nice home, enjoyed our stay!!

• Liked — Lots of room
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
#1 of 9 in Banner Elk
The Inn at Elk River
The Inn at Elk River
#1 of 9 in Banner Elk

Been to Archer's Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!