“Gotta get the ribs!!!!”

Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Open since 2003, The Bayou offers Authentic Cajun and Texas Cuisine served in a casual, comfortable atmosphere. Outdoor, dog-friendly deck dining in the summer, fireplace dining in the winter. Free WiFi, Children's Menu and Wine Amnesty available. Adjacent Bayou General Store offering Beer, Wine, Locally Made Items, Souvenir Mementos and more. Please see the Bayou Smokehouse & Grill, Banner Elk Facebook Page for Specials, Live Music, Events and area information.
Reviewed 6 August 2013

So you will know my taste buds - I was born & raised on Memphis bbq (by far the best bbq on the earth in my opinion). On 8/2/13, we stopped by Bayou for the first time .... I had the Smokehouse sampler - yum. Everything was wonderful but the ribs were some of the best I've ever had. They just fell off the bone and the sauce was sweet with a great little spicy kick. I loved them so much we went back to Bayou on 8/3/13 for dinner again just so I could order ribs. My husband ordered them on the 3rd as well after trying mine on the 2nd. The patio was a great place to sit with temps in the mid 70's! The price is right and the food is some of the best!!! .The Wiggs' - Spartanburg, SC

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Best Brisket in NC! Have never had a bad meal at the Bayou. Winston and David are the best along with the rest of the staff! Can't beat it. And a great country store with a huge wine and beer selection.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Had a very nice meal outside. Great burgers, even tho' specialty was Cajun. Service a bit slow. Cool store inside

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Great find in Banner Elk! Varied menu with great beer offerings as well! Our group enjoyed delicious ribs, pasta with shrimp and sausage, 1/2 lb charbroiled burgers and country fried chicken...all well prepared with tasty sides. We will be back soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Had dinner here with live music and good beer last Tuesday,a Texas/Louisana flavour menu will not disappoint,we had Texas fajitas with Cajun fries ,melting he mouth ribs and fried okra,a taste delight.The craft bottle beer on offer was varied and the Abita / Jockamo was my favourite.The servers and bar staff delightful,a feature of our trip is how pleasant and attentive all of the people we have met.