“Nice local spot to kick back”

Bayou Smokehouse & Grill
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Open since 2003, The Bayou offers Authentic Cajun and Texas Cuisine served in a casual, comfortable atmosphere. Outdoor, dog-friendly deck dining in the summer, fireplace dining in the winter. Free WiFi, Children's Menu and Wine Amnesty available. Adjacent Bayou General Store offering Beer, Wine, Locally Made Items, Souvenir Mementos and more. Please see the Bayou Smokehouse & Grill, Banner Elk Facebook Page for Specials, Live Music, Events and area information.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I wish this place was open in the late 90's when I lived up there! Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm into the open, bustling sports bar environment. Great beer selection, and food more upscale than the majority of bars. Nice little gift shop attached to the back with old fashion toys, local wares, etc. Caught some college football up there one Saturday a few weeks back. Nice people, big TV's.

1  Thank Daniel T

Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Voodo Pasta was INCREDIBLE and the portions were HUGE. I also found the atmosphere on the porch to be good, with a play area for kids off to the side and widescreen tvs with football games. Moreover, my Newfoundland dog was allowed leashed on the porch while I ate dinner. This was an EXTRAORDINARY touch, as my dog gets separation anxiety and would have barked if I left her in the car.

Did I say the food was great? Did I say that the servie was good?

2  Thank BCole61
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Good Food
Good Service
Good People
Good Location
Too Much Food :)))

We had a great time playing trivia here and took home enough food to feed a small army.

We love coming here, when in Banner Elk.

2  Thank Cathy L
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The food is great. My husband and I are from East and North Texas and we were really surprised with how much the food tasted like the foods we grew up on. We enjoyed the food so much that we went to the restaurant 2 days in a row. We go to Bristol every year and planned to frequent this restaurant again on our next trip. A week after we got home we looked at our credit card charges on line and the restaurant overcharged our credit card on both occasions, We called the restaurant on September the 2nd and they promised to research the charges and call us back. It is now September 17th and we have yet to hear from them. At this point we are disappointed and our positive experience turned sour and are not planning to return, So save yourself the problems and pay cash.

1  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Looks like a dive inside and wasn't very clean. Outside patio is okay & fried okra was good. Service was mediocre , but if you like fried foods it's good I guess. Just don't look at the walls when you go inside.

1  Thank suzie b