“Good food”

Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Open since 2003, The Bayou offers Authentic Cajun and Texas Cuisine served in a casual, comfortable atmosphere. Outdoor, dog-friendly deck dining in the summer, fireplace dining in the winter. Free WiFi, Children's Menu and Wine Amnesty available. Adjacent Bayou General Store offering Beer, Wine, Locally Made Items, Souvenir Mementos and more. Please see the Bayou Smokehouse & Grill, Banner Elk Facebook Page for Specials, Live Music, Events and area information.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Good food”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

It was good food. We had chicken, trout, brisket, sampler platter. Everyone was happy. Fried zucchini was very good. Hot apples as well and the sweet potato fries. Prices are reasonable has outdoor seating.

Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States
“This will be a regular stop”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Our visit was a lunch trip so we ate light. I ordered a black chili quesadilla and my husband ordered the smokehouse burger. Can I just say....YUMMY!! I really loved the addition of the black bean chili on the quesadilla. Very nice change. My husband's burger was crazy huge!

I was pleasantly surprised at the prices, my quesadilla was $7.95 and the hubby's burger was $8.95. Where I come from, this is pretty cheap.

Our server was super nice, the atmosphere was very cool, the food was excellent, service friendly, and the prices are very reasonable.

Oh yea...we'll be here again.

• Visited February 2014
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Worth a stop”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This restaurant has wonderful food! The vegetables are seasoned nicely, and the meats are as well. It's worth a stop. Staff's very friendly and knowledgable. Although we didn't eat out there, they have a nice outdoor patio.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good afternoon trip”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

It was unfortunate that I was not very hungry when I went for dinner. I had a salad and it was huge! We watched people around eating nachos, fried okra and sausages. Everything looked great! It was a rainy afternoon and we were able to sit outside. Wait staff was very friendly. The prices were very reasonable and there is so much on the menu to consider. You will not be disappointed

Groton, Massachusetts
“Pretty good Cajun!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

It is not NOLA but it will do in a pinch. The fried pickles were delicious and so were the beans and rice. The hamburger, chicken fried steaks, and fried shrimp were big hits with our group. Good place to go with a large crowd (we had 9). Nice selections of beers and friendly service.