“Fast and friendly but NOT good”

Banner Elk Cafe & Lodge
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Our waitress was great - worked really hard. But - here isfood rundown:
$12 margarita - watery
fried calamari - must have been frozen- no taste and jarred marinara
shrimp jalapeno poppers - blah
kids' pasta - with shake it parmesan - really??? Portions tiny.
meatballs - dry and tasteless
Maybe we ordered wrong??? But I would liken this place to a TGIFridays on an off day. I would NOT go back. But, I did think the pizzas looked ok - maybe we ordered incorrectly. However, I believe every item should shine.

Reviewed 2 August 2011

I am a paramedic and I always look forward to being stationed in Banner Elk, just because of this place. When working this type of job, if not running calls, we eat out three meals a day. Breakfast is awesome. Anything you want from waffles, to omelets, to the Mountain Man breakfast. At lunch, there is always a great variety of specials and for supper you cant beat the steak with red wine sauce, smashed red potatos and sautaed veggies, my personal favorite. As for the owners and staff, you cant beat them. In the four years i have been coming here, they have always been appreciative for our service and treat us accordingly. Thanks guys!

Reviewed 11 July 2011

You could tell this was popular with the locals. We wanted to go to Jackalope's, but they were not open for lunch. Service was very good, and the atmosphere was excellent. You could eat out side or in. They had a lot of exposed timbers that were very attractive. I got the Buffalo chicken (hot wings sauce), and it was very good. My wife got the vegetable plate which was not as good. The green beans were straight out of a can with no seasonings. At this time of the year with all the fresh vegetables, it would have been nice to have had fresh vegetables. When we complained to our server, she took $1 off. Overall, we were pleased and would return, I would also like to add that we went to church at the Banner Elk Presbyterian church next to the college before lunch, and it was a wonderful Christ filled service in an absolutely beautiful church.

Reviewed 22 June 2011

I ordered a Mexican omelet with peppers onions bacon and salsa. I got a lame omelet with raw onions and tomato slices. When I asked about the bacon I was told there is no bacon in a Mexican omelet. She showed me the menu and pointed to the ingredients and her finger was pointing to the word BACON. When I corrected her she said it must be a typo because there's no bacon in a Mexican omelet. She also apologized and said she didn't have hashbrowns - just homefries - but she served French fry nuggets. They were disgusting. This place was much better last year.

1  Thank Suntanfran
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Come to banner elk, a lot for business! And I always stop in the lodge for coffee and I venture my way to the cafe(wi-fi) works better down there, I figured out! Love the daily lunch specials and the burgers! The service is always good, some how the servers remember what I drink if not having coffee and my food, its nice knowing that the servers remember me, and always giving me excellent prompt service and they always have smiles on there face. They make you feel at home there. Always look forward to stopping in there! Keep up the good work ladies and cooks! See you all next week!