“Yummy!”

Ranked #14 of 48 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: You can sleep-in and still get breakfast until 2:00pm on the weekdays and 3:00pm on the weekends. Homemade lunch specials made daily ranging from corned beef reubens to spinach salads. Amazing views of Grandfather Mountain.
“Yummy!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped here wasn't the fastest service, but the food was fantastic would eat here again no problems! Hard to get a refill a coffee in my experience but the food was super fantastic!!

SHALLOTTE
“Good, basic meal”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The parking lot was full at breakfast & we took that to be a good thing. We stopped in and weren't disappointed. Don't let the plain exterior and ordinary interior fool you. If you're looking for a decent meal at a very reasonable price this is your place. It features a wonderful view of Grandfather Mtn., hence the name.

• Visited May 2014
Hendersonville, United States
“Home Cooking”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We always stop here when in Boone. Great omelets, corned beef hash and coffee. Always get enough to eat and affordable prices. Nice people.

Rutherfordton, North Carolina
“go as a last resort”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was on my way to a photo shoot a Appalachian Ski Mountain and detoured to Banner Elk to get some lunch. I had passed this place several times and decided to stop, I should have kept going. Our waitress was having a bad day and kept complaining to another waitress, when my wife asked for some mayo, it was just brought to the table on its side, my wife said thank you with no reply. My open-faced hot "beef" sandwich was made of frozen "steak-um" meat and the gravy was way to salty. My wife got the patty melt which she said was good, the fries not so much.
I would avoid at all costs.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank senterk
Tampa
“Worth a stop”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Ok it looks very plain on the outside, but inside you know that this is where the locals go. Being from out of state, i wore my ASU sweatshirt to blend in a little better than the tourists we are.

You can get breakfast all day, with egg beaters if you want to keep the doctor from yelling out you. Maybe next year I'll try it.

We got a mesquite grilled chicken sandwich( $4.25 and I give it a B), with a small cup of vegetable soup (2 bucks A+). The tea I give a grade A. $15 for lunch total.

The inside looks very plain. However, you sit by the window and get a killer view of Grandfather Mountain! The two servers are busy clearing tables, rolling flatware and other things, so don't take it wrong if things take a little longer.

Gina was very friendly. We noticed the people next to us ordered a great-looking club sandwich and some really tasty looking fries. Too bad we're on our healthy kick the first of this year.

Visit and just realize that it looks different than Denny's or Bob Evans, but we never eat there anyway. Be friendly to your server and act like you live there and they'll be friendly right back at you!

• Visited January 2014