“Fabulous Dinner”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 194
Description: Locally sourced ingredients prepared in small plates.
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Five of us had dinner at Zuzda with different dishes for each. All choices were outstanding! Beautifully prepared and presented. Zuzda is definitely a must on the next trip to this area of North Carolina!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

There were 7 of us that dined here. It was t cheap by the time we were done because the portions are sharing size (tapas) therefore you order more than you MIT normally order. But I have to say that everyone enjoyed it. It's a nice restaurant with good service. We ate here with 2 kids, 1 adult kid, my husband & I and my in laws and there was something for everyone. We all really liked the veggie tempura. Nice, light batter. I also like the bread with the fresh garlic and the Brie cooked in Phyllo. Yum. Seriously, anywhere that has Brie on their menu has to be good. My husband did not like the chili. He tried my step son's sliders (meatball & cheese) and said next time he should get that. The kids all loved the Mac n' Cheese. My 10 year old son loved the fried ravioli. The Zuzdashetta was very good. The wine was priced decently. I had a glass of red zin for $6 and it was good for me but there were plenty of more expensive glasses & bottles to order should you wish. There is a bar there too if you want something stronger. I like the fact that the waters were refilled constantly. That was good. We ate here last year and had a grea time. We sat upstairs last time and downstairs this time. I preferred the decor and ambience of upstairs but we had a great time this time too.

We would definitely splurge and come back here again in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Recently moved to area, had heard mixed reviews from locals. Sat at bar for a couple of drinks. Overheard bartenders say they were out of Absolute vodka and that they would serve a more expensive brand at same price. Thought... Nice gesture. Ordered my second drink, not vodka, and was told they were out of that also. Switched to a similar brand and that bottle was virtually empty, maybe half a shot. They served it that way.
Got my check and found a higher charge for second drink. Asked why and all I got was an indifferent response. Apparently they treat regulars and newcomers differently. Avoid the bar unless you are a regular.

Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

After a busy day sightseeing and enjoying the surrounding attractions our group of 6 stopped in for some bites and refreshments. Zuzda's was the perfect place as some in the group were "starving" while others ate a late lunch. The food was yummy and just the right portions. Our bartender, Becca, was helpful with menu selections and made a great lemon drop! :) We will certainly be return customers!

1  Thank Erin M
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Four of us went to Zuzda's for the first time on Saturday evening, June 8. One of us had never been to a tapas style restaurant, but she soon learned to enjoy it. We ordered 9 or 10 different items on the menu and each one was really good. We were all very impressed, including my wife who said she is not easily impressed at any restaurant. The bill for the four of us was less than $75 and we were all full (we did not try dessert). The flavor, texture, and quality of ingredients seemed to be really high quality. Two at our table were registered dieticians and know a little bit about food quality. Even though some claim to have had a bad experience, we plan to go back again to see if the quality persists the next time we're in town. We all thought it was wonderful and highly recommend it to anyone going to Banner Elk.