“Great Small Plates”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 194
Description: Locally sourced ingredients prepared in small plates.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is our third visit to Zuzda and we'll definitely be back. We love the concept because we can sample so many different plates of very well made dishes. We started with two glasses of a Cueto Rioja, Lobster Bisque for me and Clam Chowder for my wife. I had the Iceburg Wedge and my wife had the Mixed Green Salad. I had the Bang Bang Shrimp and she had the Santa Fe Chicken Egg Roll. We finished the evening with a Key Lime Tart and a Warm Apple Pie. All was delicious and Amanda provided excellent service and was a great help guiding us thru the evening. We will be back again and again

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The menu at Zuzda is impressive and varied (as you would expect at a tapas place), and the food as served is just as impressive. Our party of six took the outside seating due to upsizing our party from four, but went unnoticed for large stretches of the evening. Other parties came and went, but our serviced just seemed to be....slower (at one point, we asked for coffee and said we were interested in dessert - the coffee came, and the waitress quickly disappeared, not to be seen for about 10 minutes - by the time she came back, we were interested in the check). However...the food is very nice and we will go back.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

So many choices on the menu! Good prices, small plate tapas to share or pick two or three items to have alone. Food was very good tasting. Only disappointment was that we went at opening (4:30pm) without a reservation and was told we would have to sit outside on the patio that overlooks the parking lot or at the bar. There wasn't anyone in the main room at the time so we sat in the bar. By the time we were finished there were still lots of available seats so that was a little disappointing. Would go back but next time with a reservation.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I visited Zuzda at the recommendation of the innkeeper while staying in Banner Elk, North Carolina.

The food was superb, and I sampled a Chardonnay I had never tasted before. The dining room was not comfortable, however - the room is long and narrow, and the seating arrangement made it impossible to really see out the windows to the beautiful mountain views that are so prevalent in Banner Elk.

There were several large parties - so service was slow. But the staff was helpful, and the dishes were varied and very tasty.

I recommend this restaurant for groups of two or more (I was dining alone) - it would be easier to these small tapas dishes in a group setting.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was our third visit to Zuzdas. Our in-laws love it and had chosen it once again as the place to celebrate a birthday/father's day. Service seemed to be a bit slow this latest visit and we had pushed our reservations back an hour to avoid a 22-top. There were several empty tables but our cold dishes arrived well before our hot and with a couple of members of our party unable to share due to food allergies/intolerances, we had hoped to all be able to eat at once. The food is always wonderful and the menu is extensive. I started with the eggplant napolean, layered with tomato, pesto, and a balsamic vinaigrette -- served cold with a dollop of delicious goat cheese. I followed up with the chicken francaise and couldn't eat all of it. The other dishes we ordered were macaroni and cheese (my son thought there were at least four types of cheese in it), jumbo stuffed ravioli, iceberg wedge, a grilled vegetable plate, and prime rib sliders. Everyone was happy and we will, of course, return the next time we're in town.