“Good and filling and the right Price”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Banner Elk, North Carolina, United States
“Good and filling and the right Price”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

My last visit to China House was to pickup a takeout that I had called in. As always, my order was ready when I arrived (10 minutes) and one order is enough for my wife and I so that cuts in half the already good price. At lunch time their all you can pile on buffet is very popular with the locals, especially construction workers who can get their fill for the best buy around. The dining area is fresh and clean and your order is cooked fresh and quickly. They serve a large selection of chinese favorites that will surely fill you up.

Visited November 2012

Banner Elk, North Carolina
“Value”
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

I have been a China House fan for two years now. The staff there works very hard. I never eat Chinese buffets, I think all are disgusting. But for a quick and tasty take out dinner or lunch this is my go to. They literally have the best fried dumplings I've ever had, even at upscale places. I always get their sesame chicken combination. Their egg roles are the only Chinese-style egg roles I like as well. If you're looking for a place with an atmosphere, definitely don't go here.

Okeechobee,Florida
“Same story as before”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

My family and I were staying at the Blue Ridge Village and went to Food Lion to pick up some groceries. We decided to grab some lunch and our first pick Bella`s was closed, so we chose Chinese over Subway`s . If your just in the mood for Chinese it`s alright. It`s got all the regulars and the egg drop soup was good, but nothing special.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ErininOkeechobee
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average- at best...”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Maybe one should not look for quality Chinese food in the NC Mountains or maybe we are just spoiled by some outstanding Chinese restaurants back home. We have given China House several tries and the food is average- at best. Nothing memorable and no favorites... Doubt we will ever go back. The price is affordable but we've had better food and quality in mall food courts. The restaurant gets a C for atmosphere and cleanliness. If this eatery closed- doubt many would miss it. (Interesting that Bella's Italian is nextdoor and exceeds expectations and China House falls so miserably short...) Our recommendation would be to try some of the other local restaurants and wait until you return home to get your fix of Chinese food. This is below average "fast food Chinese". Don't waste your time or money.

• Visited October 2012
naples, fl
“Turn left or right please”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Went to Food Lion and suddenly had a craving for chinese food after seeing their sign, my bad.
The restaurant had an all you can eat buffet for lunch, which to my experience usually means
lots of really bad to mediocre food at a low price but appeals to those who are only looking to fill their stomachs. Did not follow my own advice and ordered a meal for takeout (General Tso chicken and veggie fried rice). The salt level in the rice made it taste like a salt lick and the chicken was overly breaded and boring. Price is cheap but hardly worth it.
Strongly suggest that you turn right into Subway or left into Bellas for a much better meal, that you will appreciate and not be sorry later.

• Visited May 2012