“Fresh seafood”

Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Barco
Cuisines: Seafood
“Fresh seafood”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Ate here one day this week with my family. Everything was great. I had fried shrimp with fries and okra. It all tasted fresh and the fried part was not that greasy. Would definitely return!

Mt. Pleasant
“Great Food & Service!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Terrific fresh seafood and friendly service...they even packed a large order of fresh fish on ice for us to take home to share with our family in Pittsburgh...thank you Frog Island Seafood!

Center Moriches, New York
“Clams & Oysters Fried”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Fabulous, been back 3times in 1month. New to area. Love it.kind of reminds me of Diners Drive-in & Dives. Not much in looks, but oh the food.

• Visited March 2014
Virginia
“The Real Deal”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Frog island is one of those "hole in the wall" places that the tourists blow right by on their way to the outer banks cuz there are no pirates on staff, nor candles on the tables, and I say keep on blowing by so that it won't be too crowded for me! it's a seafood market with tables in back, and when you get fried rockfish you KNOW it wasn't prepared breaded and defrosted out of the box, because it's in the fish display case before it's cooked. All of the fish is labelled local or farmed, and even the catfish is caught local. Minimal breading and excellent REAL HOMADE sides. Skip Steiny's and dine here. you can't get eat candles or fancy locations. You CAN get real local extremely tasty seafood for an excellent price.

• Visited September 2013
“This place is great! I drive from Elizabeth City just to eat there.”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have really enjoyed my meals at Frog Island Seafood. In fact, I will drive 20 minutes from Elizabeth City whenever I can just to eat at Frog Island Seafood. I have told lots of my friends about Frog Island and they have agreed with me that the food is really good. They have lots more than seafood. In fact, my favorite item from there is a steak sandwich and okra. I really enjoy this place.

• Visited December 2013