“Get Your Fresh Seafood Here!!!”

Frog Island Seafood
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Barco
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have driven by this place a million times and never stopped...
Stopped in and purchased seafood to grill at home.
Tuna steaks were AWESOME
Scallops were sweet and juicy
The shrimp stuffed with crabmeat and wrapped in bacon...

Get your fresh seafood here!

There are newer reviews for Frog Island Seafood

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Always wanted to try it and so glad we did. Had the Roasted Red Pepper soup with Gouda and crabmeat. It was heaven! Creamy, flavorful with big chunks of crabmeat. Next time I'm buying a quart!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our neighbors kept telling us about this restaurant for months; they are regulars even though it is about a 35 mile drive. We were out on a ride on our Gold Wing trike and thought today would be a good day to try it so we altered our plan and headed for Frog Island Seafood. We arrived around 11:30 am and walked past the seafood market to the restaurant area.

I ordered the special of Shrimp & Soft Shell Crab with 2 sides, fried Okra and Potato Salad. My wife ordered Shrimp with the same sides. They make it fresh for you so be patient... it is worth it. I love soft shell crab and this was excellent but the shrimp was superb. Lightly battered with terrific flavor and plenty of them.

Nothing fancy here; they serve on plastic plates but the food is terrific. You have to look past the outside of the building because it is a seafood market; fresh NC seafood. We have rode past Frog Island Seafood at least 50 times and the parking lot is always full... that tells you something.

They also have fresh seafood to take home and cook; a unique place for sure. A little pricey but I'll pay that knowing it's fresh. We ate for $28

Make sure to try it if you're in the area; you won't be sorry.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

When you open the door at Frog Island you are greeted with the very strong odor of fresh seafood, think on the docks, just coming in. But walk around the fresh counter to place your order and you lose the smell. Place your order, find your seat, wait for your number to be called and prepare for on exceptionally good seafood dinner. My standard is fried shrimp and I've never been disappointed. This is not the place for a seafood gourmet looking for "seafood dishes", fried seafood here is the standard and you need to go with the flow. On a good day (when the oil is fresh), you'll get a fried dinner as good, if not better, than anything on the beach. Don't forget your cooler so you can take fresh seafood home with you. They keep a cooler of ice up front and will be glad to chill your purchase.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Its on the road to the Outer Banks and its not going to impress you with anything but its fresh fish. Their fried fish, oysters and shrimp are always good. However, I do love their steamed shrimp and the fish tacos. I only go for lunch mainly because I like a beer in the evening and they do not serve alcohol.