“The Best”

Currituck BBQ Company
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Barco
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you like Eastern NC BBQ ( there IS a difference!) there is none better in the OBX area. Minced and smoked just right. Fine hush puppies as well. Generous portions fairly priced. I know, I grew up here.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The pulled pork & brisket were moist & delicious. Mac n' cheese & sweet potato casserole were awesome. Fries & baked beans were good but nothing special. Outdoor seating was nice & indoor seating was down home & no frills. Will definitely hit this place up next time heading in & out of the Outer banks.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Once upon a time this place was pretty darned good. When I was feeling particularly lazy and didn't feel like cooking this was our go to place. The beef brisket sandwiches were fat and juicy and the chicken tenders were out of this world. There was generally sufficient amounts to feed the two of us so we'd split the sandwich. Now it's as if they've cut way back on the serving sizes- but the prices are still too high. *they always bordered on high so that's why we split a sandwich. Their mac and cheese is like "BLECH! where's the cheese?" Their greens aren't worth eating, so what baked beans? I can open a can and add ketchup! The fries...meh. What in the hell have they done? My friend took her boyfriend there and all she could say was LAST TIME EVER. I am sad they can't be consistent which is what I pay them to be, I am sorry but I can't stomach ever going back, and that's too bad- cuz I don't feel like cooking tonight.

1  Thank twilight3380
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We love Currituck BB . Great road side gem! The food is Southern food at its best. Best Hush puppies I have ever had.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stopped to use bsthroom so we thought we would split a sandwich. Opted for bbq chicken sandwich...omg. so good we went back and bought the sauces. Sure glad I had to pee