“Thompsons Excellent Adventure”

Navitat Canopy Adventures - Asheville Zipline
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just 20 minutes north of downtown Asheville, North Carolina, Navitat Canopy Adventures is the area's premier tree-based zipline company. Called "one of the best in the nation" in USA TODAY, featured by the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Outside Magazine, and more, Navitat operates tours daily from mid-March through November each year. Designed by Bonsai Design, Inc., the leader in US canopy tour design and construction, Navitat Asheville features two world-class tree-based adventures. The Moody Cove Adventure is an immersive and exciting adventure traveling from treetop to treetop that includes six ziplines, two skybridges, a spiral tree staircase, a rappel, and three short, scenic hikes. The Blue Ridge Experience is a massive mountaintop zipline experience with three huge side-by-side ziplines, the longest of which stretches nearly three-quarters of a mile and is 350-feet above the forest floor. Those seeking real adventure (and great savings) should choose Navitat's Ultimate Adventure Package to experience BOTH tours in one action-packed day and save 15%.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 8 April 2014

What can I say? I won't give up my day job, to be a zip lining leader (poor James and Jamie had their work cut out for them when Barnstorming Barb couldn't figure out how to stop without landing, top speed, on the perch), but I wouldn't trade a pot of gold for that experience. You'll always feel protected and, best of all, your deficits won't count against you. All are welcome and carefully guided through the ups ... and downs... of this beautiful experience. If you have a chance, RUN, don't walk, to sign up for a few hours of this group's trip of a lifetime! Hugs to James and Jamie from Barb!

1  Thank Barbara T

Reviewed 31 March 2014

You never feel worried about equipment because it is top notch and so are the guides. They are very patient with you and will go at your pace as long as is reasonable. Best zip line ever.

2  Thank John I
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I am such a chicken when it comes to heights, but my family is adventurous and we always have an exciting thing we do for vacation [its not a vacation unless you live it to the fullest]! When I found Navitat Canopy Adventures I knew this was our next vacation adventure! And I was not disappointed. We booked a late-season [November] trip and the weather threatened to rain that day, but when we arrived it was a perfect sunny day with temps in the comfortable 60-70 degrees. Our guides were excellent [as I am sure all their guides are] but I never once felt in any danger. Of course I was scared going across the longest valley, but it was so worth it. Highly recommend for anyone looking to do something original, even if you are scared, do it anyway!

3  Thank Brenda911
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have been on the tour three times now, and with the exception of deep powder skiing, this is the most fun I've ever had in the outdoors. The staff are knowledgeable and exceptionally competent, which makes the experience very relaxed and comfortable. The tour takes place in a pristine wildernesses setting with a view straight across the valley to theBlue Ridge Parkway. The last time I took the tour, I went with my daughter and two grandchildren, and it was a great family experience. Just go.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I am a middle aged, out of shape, overweight, zipline fanatic and love this course. Double cabling throughout the entire course adds another degree of safety, all zips are from tree platforms, not constructed towers that count as 3 zips, scenery was amazing (yes, the blue ridge mountains were really blue), and the guides are very knowledgeable about the course and environment. We went in the summer (June) and then over the holiday break (December) and I can't wait to go again in the spring when the new course opens. The groups are small with two guides and the guides are very personable and experienced. Not a lot of hiking and not a bunch of stairs to climb up the side of a mountain. When I want to zip, I pay to zip and this course is about zipping not hiking to platforms to zip between trees then hike some more to another tree or up a mountain to zip down. The facilities are modern and new, the course is new and well maintained and respect of the environment and the habitat is clearly evidenced throughout the course. If you zip in winter, wear thermals and layer with sweat jackets (coats are too bulky), warm socks, and gloves under the gloves they give you to break. Be sure to cover your ears when zipping cause they get cold! The amazing views in the winter, no leaves on the trees, makes the course a very different experience than in the summer but both times of year, the zipping is incredible.

3  Thank TeacherBurns