“Great value for adventure! ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Navitat Canopy Adventures - Asheville Zipline

Navitat Canopy Adventures - Asheville Zipline
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just 20 minutes north of downtown Asheville, North Carolina, Navitat Canopy Adventures is the area's premier zipline canopy tour adventure. Called "one of the best in the nation" in USA TODAY, Navitat operates tours daily from April 1 through November 30. Designed by Bonsai Design, Inc., the leader in US canopy tour design and construction, Navitat Asheville is a 100% tree-based adventure with 10 ziplines, 2 bridges, 2 rappelling experiences and 3 short hikes. The tour is 3.5 to 4 hours long and features beautiful long-range views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Explore the forest of Southern Appalachia like never before!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great value for adventure! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

After researching zip-lining locations, I knew I wanted to try Navitat but the cost was prohibitive. My husband and I were concerned that we would be spending a lot of money to be stuck with others doing something "touristy" when we could be out on our own on the trails. We finally signed up for the Moody Cove tour on a whim and we enjoyed it immensely!

Our guides were tremendous, enthusiastic and passionate about their jobs. They respect the environment and are happy to educate you as much or as little as you would like throughout your tour. We felt safe the entire tour but still enjoyed an adrenaline rush. It is truly incredible to be flying through and above the trees on your own, just looking around.

We can also now understand why the tours are so expensive. There are 2 buildings on site that you'll visit. The first is the welcome center and the second is where the gear is stored. Both buildings are clean and well maintained. The equipment also feels top notch. You will feel like the first person to ever wear your harness, which is a great thing when you're flying between trees on ropes. Furthermore, you'll be on an excellent safety system, not something every zip-lining venue can boast.

However, I would imagine the leasing, care, and keeping of the land is the biggest expense. We learned from our guide that Navitat is actually leasing the land they are using. In 2+ decades when the lease agreements end, Navitat will likely move. This is so they do not tax the environment too heavily. Additionally, the entire operation was built to be easily disassembled and moved. In summary, they practice what they preach! The other high cost, in my estimation, is that they are good stewards of the environment. Navitat seems to invest highly in ensuring the health of the habitat they are in by providing care for sick plants and trees and doing their part to sustain the forest.

If cost is your hesitation, I encourage you to give it a try. It is well worth it!

3 Thank ATeam3

West Lawn, Pennsylvania
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amazing Views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We did the Blue Ridge Experience which included 3 longer zips from the highest point in the canopy. It was my first zip lining experience and I would recommend it to anyone! It included some steep climbing so be prepared for the hike. It was difficult for us, but one older woman struggled a bit. The added bonus was the nature lessons by our guide, Max. He shared his knowledge about the trees and vegetation! He provided ways to identify the different species of trees along the walks. This run just opened a week ago but it seems like there were no kinks to work out. We would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting Asheville. It's about a 25 minute scenic drive from downtown Asheville.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everyone should do this in their lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I fully expected this experience to be terrifying but that was not my experience at all. I felt safe and secure in the harness and at every point during the experience. At no time did I feel at risk, unsafe, or insecure. Everyone should do this in their lifetime.
When Navitat first opened I was too heavy to go; I was over the weight limit. I have since lost a lot of weight and one of the rewards I set for myself in my weight loss was to go ziplining when I hit a milestone weight loss. I'm now over 50 lbs below the weight limit and it was both a reward to myself and a bucket-list accomplishment for me.
I live in Asheville, and anytime I have out of town guests they always want to go to the Biltmore Estate, now Navitat will be a "must do" for my guests as well.
Just an awesome experience all the way around!!! DO THIS!!!

1 Thank LuLu B
tampa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely remarkable experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

From my husband: "This was an absolutely remarkable experience for my wife and me. We were completely amazed (and blessed) to learn that we were fortunate enough to have struck gold and got a "private tour". I cannot say enough about STEVE and SHAYNA! They were remarkably patient, caring, enthusiastic, and genuinely fun and interesting guides. It was the first real ziplining experience for both of us, and we had a pretty well-establish fear of heights. But after learning the ropes (or in this case the lines), we could not have had a better time. Their knowledge of the surrounding habitat, and their ability to instill in us a complete trust in their attentiveness to safety and our happiness...wow...it was just awesome. And the pictures were a compilation that we will treasure for some time to come! Kudos to Navitat - will be on my (our) list next time I (we) visit Asheville. You have my (our) unconditional recommendation! Just have to reserve Steve and Shayna - they made all the difference in the world!"

Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tremendous Fun and excellent staff !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I just went on the Navitat Canopy Adventures Zip line hike and lines. I have to say, even though I an apprehensive about heights, that this was the most fun I have had in a while. The staff is excellent. They are informative, caring and genuine. Our guide Jonathan was so great. Each guide at the stations were so much fun and put me at ease. If you are looking for something like this to do while visiting the area, then I strongly suggest giving these folks a try, you will not be dissapointed. Thanks to all of the staff at Navitat.

Steve W.