“Fantastic Experience”

Navitat Canopy Adventures - Asheville Zipline
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just 20 minutes north of downtown Asheville, North Carolina, Navitat Canopy Adventures is the area's premier zipline canopy tour adventure. Called "one of the best in the nation" in USA TODAY, Navitat operates tours daily from April 1 through November 30. Designed by Bonsai Design, Inc., the leader in US canopy tour design and construction, Navitat Asheville is a 100% tree-based adventure with 10 ziplines, 2 bridges, 2 rappelling experiences and 3 short hikes. The tour is 3.5 to 4 hours long and features beautiful long-range views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Explore the forest of Southern Appalachia like never before!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Mishawaka,IN
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

There are several zip lining adventures in the Asheville area. We based our choice on Trip Advisor reviews and also by word of mouth. Everyone we encountered and told we were going ziplining while in Asheville said "Are you going to Navitiat?" It was a great decision. Plus Navitat is actually in the wilderness. You don't have to look at city scapes while you are zipping. The girl that checks you in was so kind and informative. We were really early and waited about a half hour till our guides came to get us. There were a total of 6 in our tour. My husband and I and then a group of four fun guys from South Carolina. Our guides were Craig and Michelle and they were fabulous. They explained all the safety information while setting us up in our gear. They were both fun and informative not just about ziplining and staying safe but about the trees and the environment of which we were in. They were also very patient with my husband since he has a slight fear of heights. The tour was about 3 hours and it was worth every penny. I loved the suspension bridges and the rappels as well. I would go again in a minute. I never felt unsafe. They have a very good redundancy policy in that they are always two lines and two hooks. You feel safe the entire time. I can't wait to go back.

Visited June 2014

Greenville, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Zip zip”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My 2 sisters had planned a retirement get away for me. I was asked to select something I wanted to do- zip lines, thinking they would never go through with it. To my surprise they did. One sister had been once in Costa Rica, the other sister and I were the newbies. We selected the Blue Ridge Experience, booked the adventure online without any problems.
When we arrived we met with our guide, Arrianne (not exactly how to spell her name, sorry!). She did the preliminary walk through of what to expect, what to look for and the safety discussion. Once we were hooked into our gear, we climbed into a van outfitted for the rugged climb where our adventure would begin. The Blue Ridge Experience consists of 3 zip lines. There was a total of 6 folks in our group, a father and his 2 teen kids and myself with my 2 sisters. Arrianne went through the process of what to expect as she demonstrated what we needed to do when our turn came. I was the first one of my sisters to go! The first zip was exhilarating and I was so glad I had selected this activity. As a person who is not too keen on heights, I was in the tree canopy and did not feel anxious about zipping down. The BRE automatically breaks for you. The BRE also allows for 2 people to go down side by side at the same time. Easy, breezy!
As we hiked up to our next platform Arriannne would bring our attention to the surrounding area and discuss the various vegetation and how the early settlers/ native Americans would use the plants. She was very knowledgable and answered all questions. Arrianne would frequently check on us to make sure we were ok or needed a stop to catch our breathe on the hikes to the platforms. Very appreciated considering I live only 8 feet above sea level and the land is completely flat in our area!
The 2nd zip was the longest and highest for Navitat. Once again, Arrianne told us what to expect and look for as we went down. I started getting a little willy nilly as I realized I would be out in the open and suspended high above the ground. I was nit the first of the sisters to go on this one! But I forged on! I started out in the tree canopy and then went into the willy nilly stage once I was above the tree canopy and so high up. I told myself to just look to the left and right but not to look down! Made it! This was the fastest zip of the 3. I am so glad I had shared this adventure with my sisters. Arrianne was a great guide and made you feel completely at ease. She double checked the equipment and made sure you understood what you were doing and what to expect when you made each zip. She answered all questions and entertained us throughout our2.5 hour adventure.
I am hoping that in the fall I can convince my husband that we need to go to the mountains to see the foliage and get another zip line adventure in, hoping we can the ultimate experience that consists of 10 zips!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank bj252
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WOW!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just went on my first zip lining tour. Without a doubt everyone needs to book a tour with Codi and Jonathan they work together as a team to make ones like myself stay calm if you are afraid of heights. Awesome experience cant wait to come back to visit Thanks Codi and Jonathan yall are wonderful leaders and teachers !!! Def should request them for you next tour !

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Dcm00708
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“3600 feet at speeds up to 60mi/hr”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This was a wonderful adventure for the whole family! We have 3 children ages 16,13, and 11. This was something all of us enjoyed doing together. It's hard finding activities like that with the ages of my children. We highly recommend the ultimate package for all. Our son is afraid of heights and still had a fantastic time!

Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Safe & Fun”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We took the Moody Cove Adventure. Although I am very afraid of heights, I decided to try this. I will admit that I will never do it again, because my fear is too strong. However, the staff made this adventure as pleasant as possible for me and helped me to push much further past my fear than I ever thought I could. From the beginning, it was clear that safety was a key focus for everyone. Our guides were excellent. They focused on our safety, on everyone having a good time, and getting the most out of our experiences. They were mature, friendly, and encouraging. The views are incredible, especially if you keep your eyes open! My husband had a great time and would do it again. If you want to experience zip lining in a safe and beautiful environment, this is the place!

Visited May 2014