“Pure Bliss”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barnardsville
Mountain Light Sanctuary
Reviewed 6 May 2014

After a very difficult year, I knew that the time had come to get away from it all and reflect on the state of my life. I came upon Mountain Light Sanctuary early in my research and knew that this is exactly what my soul so desperately needed. The second I stepped out of my car, I felt as if I had entered a dream. My experience at Mountain Light was truly transformative. I decided to stay in the Garden Suite-a lovely canopy bed on a porch overlooking the Japanese Gardens. Every night I was lulled to sleep by the soothing sounds of the creek and wind chimes and awoke to the sound of roosters. The property is truly magical, and you couldn't go wrong with whatever shelter or room you choose to stay in! Michael was such a gracious host, and the people I met along the way were so lovely. There is a hush and respect about the place because everyone is there for similar intentions. I spent most of my time sitting amongst the creek, swinging in the hammock, and hiking the trails that are literally steps away from the Sanctuary. I have already decided that I will be coming back at least twice a year. If you are looking for a place to unwind, reflect, or commune with nature, there is no better place than Mountain Light!

Room Tip: The Garden Suite offers electricity, which was great for me since I like to read well into the eveni...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Caitlin B

Reviewed 30 July 2013

When you walk through the front gate something magical happens! All the hustle and bustle fade away. You feel something magical happening inside. This is a place to bring you back to your inner self. A place that reminds you what is truly important. Michael is beyond gracious. The hiking is energizing and mind opening. The sound of the stream lulls you to sleep. I have been going to Mountain Light for the past five years. I do my best to stay at least twice a year. Planning on spending my birthday in September in "Frodo's". Frodo's is right by the stream. And to top it off I'm taking my sweet dog "FRODO"! Can't wait to return! I have stayed there in the fall and in the spring. Autumn is incredible but then, so is spring.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank DebbyTT
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We have stayed at Mountain Light Sanctuary twice now & plan to return every year. Yes, it's rustic, but that's what we come for. We stay in the Wisteria Room in the lodge & often wake up to hummingbirds flitting around the open wall in the room. The community kitchen is fun & I always come away with a new recipe or two from other guests. We meet fascinating people from all over that we would never have the opportunity to meet in our daily lives. ML offers whatever you want, personal guidance, interesting community, privacy, or solitude & silent retreat if you like. And it's situated in what has to be one of the most beautiful mountain settings I have ever seen. Beauty & magic in every direction!

Room Tip: The beautiful rooms in the lodge itself give you access to a real bathroom at night if you need it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank CSteckel
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I have had the good fortune of visiting to little piece of paradise a number of times. All I can say is, if you want to have an extraordinary experience in nature, this is the place. The accommodations are rustic, the scenery is remarkable, the host is the best. I can't say enough... Just go and see for yourself.

Room Tip: The host, Michael is an amazing man. it's the most beautiful place on earth, complete with a cr...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank OneHappyFamily12in12
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I came to the Sanctuary originally for the minimum of two nights and ended up staying for about two weeks and helping out doing worktrade for Michael, the owner. This is a place to really calm down from the hustle that life can turn into and appreciate nature and the simple things that matter. I met some of the most wonderful people during my stay, learned a lot and made new friends. I brought my dog and it was a great place for the both of us to explore on the trails. I highly recommend visiting, I love it!

2  Thank Melissa R
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The Sanctuary was a perfect getaway for me. It's tucked in the middle of the Pisgah forest with lots of hiking trails within walking or short driving distance. It's also very close to Asheville. I went for one week and could have stayed a month. This is the perfect place to reconnect with nature and your spiritual self, in a comfortable environment--and it's affordable. Lots of great company, too, or you can hide out or wear a silent tag if you want to be alone. I can't wait to go back.

3  Thank Progressiveky
Reviewed 26 June 2013

After driving through a torrential storm from Greensboro, this was definitely my Sanctuary. I couldn't wait to set up the treehouse and relax for the evening. I loved the creek below, and went exploring for a bit before it got too dark. I couldn't get enough! The grounds are well cared for, as well as the accommodations. Unfortunately, I packed improperly and didn't have gear for chilly evenings. Bring a light blanket, pants and sweatshirt, even in the summer months. Also, make sure to bring bright flashlight. Michael is super friendly and helpful. I was not able to have a front porch session with him, but will make time for one on my next visit. Everyone I met during my stay were so welcoming and friendly. What a tranquil, peaceful place! I'm telling everyone I know about this place... There was a group coming in for the weekend, so my stay was way too short! I want to stay in Frodo's house next time ;)

3  Thank ejkiuyhg

Been to Mountain Light Sanctuary? Share your experiences!