“Donna makes the difference!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ann Street Inn

Ann Street Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Beaufort B&B and Inns
Virginia
“Donna makes the difference!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

We did not have a reservation, but stopped and asked if she had a room for us. This was a Sunday evening and Donna had a room. We got a glass of wine while she made rhe room ready. We sat on the front porch and enjoyed!
The breakfast was really good!!
So nice to sit down and eat with Donna, feels like you are visiting a friend! Thanks Donna for a nice stay!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Sigrun65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Conway, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

We recently made our second visit to the beautful Beaufort, NC Ann Street Inn, and have to decided not only to make this our annual birthday celebration spot, but to schedule even more visits through out the year. Upon arrival, the Inn cradles you in conmfort. The rooms are not only clean but beautiful and romantic. The host (Donna Babington) makes you feel like family, maybe better, and boy can she cook!! We can not say enough good things about the Ann Street Inn, and look so forward to our next viist.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KarenBryce
Stow, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

The rooms are lovely. The beds are super comfortable. Breakfast is delicious, and the hospitality is exceptional. This was our first time to stay in a B&B, and we now have high expectations of all B&Bs. Donna did all she could to make our stay comfortable and relaxed. It is a "home away from home!" It just doesn't get any better!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jane O
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Duke of Beaufort room was even better than the pictures on line. My husband, myself and our adult daughter spent two nights with 2 separate rooms We had the whole upstairs porch to ourselves and used it for early morning sipping coffee and evening sipping Firefly bourbon sweet tea.Of course there was the added fun of Donna's neighborhood wine get-to-gethers held on the front downstairs porch.She knew every nook and craney of Beaufort and gave us excellent referrals like (where to watch the NC sunset best)(Oh, the Blue Moon restaurant is to die for)(Boat trips to see the wild horses of the islands)Her gormet breakfasts are still in my mind. We want to go back soon, Never used a telephone, TV or car. Everything is accessible walking! Wow-big contrast from our home town of Las Vegas. Karen & Don B.

Room Tip: Her special Jacquizzi in Duke of Beaufort is fabulous.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen B
Holly Springs,NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed at the Ann Street Inn for a long weekend in Beaufort. It was our first trip to this charming town, and Donna made us feel like family. She is an excellent hostess and cook, and her inn is charming. We stayed in the Duke of Beaufort room which was very cute and quiet. The rocking porch was our favorite place to go. I would highly recommend this spot.

Room Tip: Upstairs is quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank William C
DURHAM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

We booked a room (Duke of Earl Suite) at the Ann Street Inn for a long weekend in Beaufort. The Inn is located in the downtown area of Beaufort, and is within easy walking distance of Front Street. Our suite was very clean, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. There was a nice front porch accessible from the suite. On the downside, the decorative items in the room were really dusty. One lampshade had its trim hanging down its sides, something that could have been fixed with a glue gun in a few seconds. It may sounds nit-picky but for the price, I think the little things do matter!
We were told when breakfast would be in the morning. This was our first B&B experience, but we were a bit surprised when we weren't asked when breakfast would work for us. We only had a couple days in the area, and wanted to take advantage of them. 9:00 am for breakfast was too late for us ~ we were already out in our kayak at that time. So, we didn't get half of our "B".
The evening we arrived, I had paid for our second night (I paid for the first night when I booked the room). The innkeeper rang up my sale. However, when we left out the morning of our departure, minutes later she had called me indicating we left without paying for our second night! I called her back as soon as I received the message and reminded her I had indeed paid, and that the charge was already on my credit card. She seemed a bit miffed. She never called me back to let me know that we had indeed paid. I thought this was unprofessional.
After this experience, I don't think we'll stay at any B&B again ~

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank barb_taylor_davis
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this review, 28 October 2012
First, let me tell you we took your advice-I got a glue gun and glued the 1/2 in. piece of trim that had come loose, Everyone in the Duke of Beaufort room is sleeping better! When I checked you in, I said that the coffee goes on at 7 and breakfast is at 9-does that work for you? You said it did but snuck out very early in the morning. If someone has early plans I always accomodate them, but they have to tell me, if not I find it nice to have a time where all my guest can eat together. Later that day I asked you'll if you were going to be at breakfast the next day or did you want a different time? I remember your exact words "yes, sweetie" I don't think you knew my name because you always refered to me as sweetie. I fixed your breakfast every morning, so it was there for you to eat, I can't help that you choose not to communicate your special needs. You paid your downpayment on paypal, which gives me no credit card info. My credit card machine had no evidence of a transaction with you, did you leave a check or cash somewhere hidden? I always check people out when they leave, you snuck off at 7:00 am without even saying goodbye.....
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

We stayed at Ann Street Inn for one night, as a quick romantic getaway, and I absolutely hated to leave! This was our first time in Beaufort. Donna, the Inn's owner, is so warm, friendly and inviting. Her home is beautiful. Each room is spacious, clean and has special touches everywhere. You must try her fried grits - they are delicious - especially with Mimosas! We had a very enjoyable, memorable stay and we'll definitely stay at Ann Street Inn again. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elitecheerleaderzmom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Pecan Tree Inn
Pecan Tree Inn
#1 of 8 in Beaufort

Been to Ann Street Inn? Share your experiences!