“The owner made our entire trip the best mini vacation ever!!!”
Review of Ann Street Inn

Ann Street Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Beaufort B&B and Inns
“The owner made our entire trip the best mini vacation ever!!!”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We were looking for a quiet few days away, and Donna made our first visit to Beaufort extraordinary! We loved the nearby area and the comfort we felt in the b&b. I definitely recommend traveling to Beaufort NC and absolutely staying at the Ann Street Inn!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Abolen
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you so much-you just made my day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This was the first B&B my adopted granddaughter, Kassie (11 years old), ever stayed in and she's now a fan of southern B&B hospitality. It's like being at home, she said.
After a long drive in heavy rain and a visit to the NC Aquarium, we arrived at "the Inn." Donna called late afternoon to ensure all was well; she greeted us, helped us with our bags and quickly offered me a much needed glass of wine. She graciously accommodated our breakfast request. Her suggestions for dinner were spot on.
Upon our return from dinner, Kassie was interested in the game they were playing -- Rummikub. Before long, she was hooked and played with Donna way past midnight. She was prepared to stay and play all morning with Donna. WORD TO THE WISE -- Donna's very competitive when it comes to games - she dreams moves in her sleep. Her windowsill is stacked with games.
We felt at home in this charming old home and will return.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi is available in two rooms; must request 2nd floor rooms have access to balcony and rocking...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
Kassie and I had a great time playing Rummikube and she told me 1st thing in the morning she dreamed about her moves, so I had to confess that I do the same! We had great fun, she is adorable! I look forward to having you'll back!
Jacksonville, NC
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The owner Donna Babington made us feel welcome, at ease and at home before we were even out of the car! She waved as we were coming down the street. She guided us on to her private drive, helped us unload, and in minutes we were seated on the front porch with her friends, enjoying a glass of wine.The entire 19C home is so well appointed and graced with soft, fun New Orleans music. After a wonderful evening with Donna and friends..the jacuzzi in the Queen Anne Room was the best! After a long sleep, Donna had hot coffee and a warm yummy southern breakfast, complete with fried grits! All her recipes are in her Ann Street Inn Cookbook......which is now in my house.

Room Tip: I liked the Queen Anne.......but all rooms are good!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Joanne G
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thanks my friend, can't wait till you come back! I had a lot of fun!
Bobcaygeon, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I found the Ann Street Inn by accident, looking for a one-night stay before taking the ferry from Cedar Island to Okracoke on an Atlantic coast road trip. I'd never heard of Beaufort, but it turned out to be a charming old fishing village, full of houses from the early 1800's and has a nice waterfront about a block from the inn. Donna, the owner of the inn, is a great host - warm and entertaining - we spent the first hour of our stay having a glass or two of wine with her. We asked her advice for a restaurant to have dinner and she immediately got on the phone to call for reservations for us. Her first choice turned out to be full and the second was pretty busy too, but she pulled some strings (she knows everybody in Beaufort) and got us a table. The restaurant was called Aqua and it was the best meal we had in our entire three week trip. We spent a quiet, comfortable night in the Priscilla Potter room and then had an excellent breakfast before getting on the road at 8:30 (it takes an hour to get to the ferry).
I would have gladly stayed here for a couple of days during warmer weather. Beaufort seems to have very good restaurants and some history and scenery to explore and the beaches are just a short drive away. Donna also has a couple of bikes and kayaks for the use of her guests.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Peter_and_Susanne
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Thanks guys! Your stay WAS to short-you'll were great!
US
Reviewed 12 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here in August. I am slow in following up with a review—my apologies to our hosts! We had such a great time at the Ann Street Inn that I felt compelled to write a review in spite of my tardiness.

I made reservations with Donna, the owner. She was delightful on the phone. She mentioned that she was going to an important family function during the time we would be staying there. “Uh-oh,” I thought, “That doesn’t sound good.” It’s been my experience that B&Bs and other small establishments languish when the owner is absent. Well, I could not have been more wrong in my preconceptions about Donna and the Ann Street Inn! Doris was our host for our visit and she was absolutely wonderful.

Doris met us upon our arrival to the inn. This was impressive because our ferry from Ocracoke was delayed for hours and we could not give her an accurate arrival time. We basically just showed up on the doorstep when we were able. She offered us some wine and gave us a tour of the house and grounds. We mentioned that we wanted to go on a couple of boat trips during our visit and Doris promptly called several places to check on availability. Wow! We felt so welcomed that we invited her to join us for dinner that night and she obliged. We had such a lovely time with Doris—we felt like we were visiting a friend.

The next day we went to Cape Lookout. Doris found a cooler for us to bring and offered her own personal beach umbrella. It was windy so we didn’t take her up on her offer of the umbrella but we appreciated her extraordinary thoughtfulness.

Donna came back earlier than expected and we ended up joining Doris, Donna and an author friend of theirs on the front porch for wine and some wonderful conversation. And the next night, we ended up playing Rummikub with Doris and Donna!

We stayed in the Duke of Beaufort room and thoroughly enjoyed it. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was one of the largest bathrooms I’ve seen in a B&B. We had use of the upstairs porch but we ended up spending our time socializing downstairs!

I am gluten-intolerant and Doris made lovely hot breakfasts for me. I am a breakfast person and I truly appreciated all the trouble she went through for me. My husband enjoyed his breakfast too. We also appreciated the soft-drink-stocked refrigerator downstairs that was available to guests. Everything was wonderful all the way around.

Thanks, Doris and Donna, for a wonderful visit. We loved Beaufort and we loved staying in the Ann Street Inn. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ways2go
Georgetown, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Donna and Joe - As you know our visit to Beaufort was two fold: my Sister-in-Law's funeral and to visit my nephew Buddy in the hospital. We could not have asked for better accomodations or more gracious hosts during this sad time for us. We are from Georgetown, SC which is the 3rd old seaport in the country. Located between Charleston and Myrtle Beach, we are known for our history, hospitality and charm. Saying at your B&B felt like home. Your kindness to us will be long remembered. Carolyn & Chris Wildes, Georgetown, SC

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Cary, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2013

What gorgeous inn! The house is immaculately clean, fresh, the furnishings perfect and beautiful. The location is a quick, delightful walk to Front Street yet on a quiet picturesque street. The breakfast was fantastic. The hostess, Donna, is warm and friendly. She made us feel right at home. She is fantastic! Stay here, I promise you will not regret the choice!!!! I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. You cannot go wrong!! This place is fabulous.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Wrennie, Had such a good time with you and Rob-can't wait to do it again.....Happy New Year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Pecan Tree Inn
Pecan Tree Inn
#1 of 8 in Beaufort

Been to Ann Street Inn? Share your experiences!