“Disappointment”
Review of Ann Street Inn

Ann Street Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Beaufort B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Based on all the positive reviews, I really don't know why we had such a different experience. We arrived to the inn to see the owner with 10 loud people on the front porch. I guess they were her friends because there were not that many people staying in the inn. The room was kind of stuffy and the A/C did not seem to cool it down too effectively resulting in us waking up in the middle of the night very hot.

Breakfast was a disappointment the first day. The second day, she forgot that my girlfriend was a vegetarian so she reheated food. Overall, she seemed like she bent over backwards to do a bad job. For the price, there are many better options even if it means a longer drive. I grew up in the area so I am very familiar with it. I could not have picked a more disappointing stay, and the price was just insult to injury.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank MOC991
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

I am very sorry your experience wasn't great, I really want all my guest to have a wonderful time. I've pretty much had a full house this whole summer and my friends do stop by to visit-(as you say you are familiar with the town), this is a "front porch town" and we do congregate on the front porch. Most of my guest stay in B and B's because they enjoy the social aspect-I'm sorry you didn't, maybe a Holiday Inn would be better suited to you? As for breakfast, I did something "special" for your girlfriend because all of the other guest wanted meat. I would be glad to comp you a night if you are back in the area, I really don't want anyone leaving with a bad feeling and I do apologize.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

As most other reviewers said - Donna is a wonderful host and goes out of her way to make you feel welcome. Downtown is a short convenient walk away. If looking for any recommendation, just ask Donna she will do you wrong.

Room Tip: Duke and Priscilla rooms are second level and share the outside balcony. The other room is right nex...
1  Thank John_A_NC
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

As you see that front porch attracts people! It's a lot of fun and enjoyed you'll! In Atlanta airport now on way back from Turkey-we had a blast!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I booked this B&B because of all the wonderful reviews and it did not disappoint! We had a wonderful quick weekend in Beaufort and the Ann Street Inn is the perfect location to enjoy all the town has to offer. Donna is a wonderful host who welcomes you into her home with wonderful breakfasts and great conversation. We will definitely be back!!

1  Thank Allyson A

you'll were a pleasure to have, I look forward to your coming back!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

There isn't much more we could say that hasn't already been said about the relaxing and wonderful stay we had with the delightful innkeeper Donna, and her friends. Donna made us feel very comfortable and we felt like we were visiting family. We stayed in the Priscilla Potter room which was roomy, relaxing and quiet. Loved the private access to the porch equipped with rocking chairs. Very quiet residential area. The location to downtown Beaufort was perfect, we walked everywhere. Donna is an excellent cook with ample servings of delicious breakfast creations. Her hospitality is second to none. Looking forward to our next visit in the near future.

1  Thank 02TravelBugs
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

I enjoyed having you'll! It was fun, I'll look forward to you'll coming back!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My fireman and I wanted the perfect, cozy B&B in the most charming, old town we could find, and at the Ann Street Inn in Beaufort, NC, we found it! We were delayed by weather and traffic, but Donna made sure we still had a perfect welcome even as late as we arrived. We stayed in the P.Potter room, and it was charming and perfect with our own, private balcony. Breakfast was absolutely delicious each morning of our 4 night stay. Other travelers are correct in that the curried fruit (as odd as it sounds) is to die for! Donna did more than just prepare breakfast; she enjoyed it with us while she recommended places to explore around Beaufort and the neighboring islands. The waterfront streets of downtown Beaufort is a short, one block walk, but we still enjoyed borrowing Donna's bicycles for longer excursions around town. One of the things we enjoyed most about the trip was just sitting out on her front porch with a glass of wine, talking to the neighbors who stopped by to say hello. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and we'd absolutely stay at the Ann Street Inn when we return...which we will!

Room Tip: If you would rather have your own private balcony to sip wine on- instead of a jet tub- choose the P...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffreysgirl2009

I was delighted that you chose Ann Street Inn for your anniversary! It was fun getting to know you'll!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

A great place to stay. Donna made us so welcome. Our room was comfortable with a porch complete with rocking chairs. The whirlpool bath in the excellent bathroom was a bonus. We enjoyed the delicious breakfasts and swapping tales with fellow travellers.
Most of all though we will remember Donna's hospitality. A fun place to stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank baggysue2013
Donna B, Owner at Ann Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Loved having you"ll-just wish you didn't live so far away so you could come back!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were staying with relatives in Salisbury NC and drove to Beaufort for a three night stay. We booked The Ann Street Inn and it was perfect in every way. We had a lovely welcome from Donna who is a charming lady who looked after us so well during our stay. Our room was lovely with a balcony to sit on and watch the world go by and a large comfortable bed. Breakfasts each morning were fabulous and changed each day....all the food home cooked by Donna. The Inn is within 5 minutes walk of this pretty town yet it's on a quiet street. There are plenty of good restaurants in town and Donna had very kindly booked some for us. It was a real treat to stay with you, Donna in your lovely home and I hope we see you again on a future trip to America.

Room Tip: All are lovely
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MairinaandTonyWilson

Loved having you'll and I do hope you will come back!

Been to Ann Street Inn? Share your experiences!