“Great Mom & Pop food!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Beaufort, North Carolina
“Great Mom & Pop food!”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have gotten so, as I age to really detest chains. This place offers the best sub sandwiches with crunchy bread in all of Carteret County!

• Visited September 2013

Carolinas
“Great Pizza!!!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I'm really glad I tried this place. Very old-school pizza, just the way it's suppose to be. If you remember and longed for the days when a good pizza restaurant would put so much cheese and ingredients on their pizza, it took two hands to handle a slice? Well, this is your place. Old style booths, ice cold beer, and great pizza, if you're looking for less, go somewhere else! A place to remember.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank BigCarolinaTraveler
Rutherfordton
“BLT like no other!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have not been inside the restaurant, or experimented with the menu. But it was a favorite adventure with my 90-year-old mother to go to the drive-in window and order two BLTs on toast. You have to be prepared to wait a few minutes, it's clearly made to order, not pre-packaged. But when it comes . . . !! Each sandwich is at least 3" thick, with fresh lettuce and tomatoes, and fully half a pound of bacon. I have never in my life seen anywhere near as much bacon on a BLT. And it's thick, crispy, irresistible bacon! Mama and I would collect our sandwiches and drive a few blocks to the Beaufort waterfront, where we could park and gaze out at passing sails and seagulls. Our favorite and most memorable outings, over and over again.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Anne S
wilson, north carolina
“Poor wait staff”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

My husband an I went for a late lunch with another couple. Once we were seated a waitress left menues and took our drink order. She returned with our drinks and left never to return. We waited 20 LONG minutes and no one came to take our order. They were not that busy. We told the waitress serving the table beside us that no one had taken our order. She said, "I'm not your waitress". The entire 20 minutes we were waiting, the waitresses were in the front around the register socializing! Finally we got up from the table, my husband went up front and told the girls...who were still socializing, he wanted to pay for our teas! They acted surprised! Once he explained, they offered to not charge for the teas but my husband refused and paid. We have returned since as we do like their food. They may have changed the staff since we saw different faces and the service was good.

Coastal NC
“Food's Not Flashy, Just Consistently Good!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I've been dining here since 1994, never had a bad meal. Restaurant is not fancy but it is clean. Owners recently did some upgrades (bathrooms) and spruced the place up a bit.

We had an amazing Greek pizza and salads. I've eaten everything here from hamburgers/dogs to Italian and Greek dishes. Some folks may find it a little pricey for this type of fare but you won't be disappointed.

Visited June 2013