“Good Food - Good Folks - Good Price” 5 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good Food - Good Folks - Good Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

Roland's is a great Beaufort home-cooking restaurant. Not like my home mind you, My wife is a lousy cook. In fact, after she cooks me dinner I don’t brush my teeth, I count them.

Anyway Roland's hits the spot every time with fish, soft shell crab, ribs, pork-chops, and a bevy of great sides. A great place to go when you are hungry or broke, or if my wife invites you to dinner at our house.

1 Thank UnclePen

Beaufort, North Carolina
“Wow.....it was really bad!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

I can't say anything good except that the people that served the food were nice (think super small K & W Style) and the food "looked" good as they were putting it into the takeout boxes for me. The chicken and the barbeque were both incredibly dry. The barbeque sauce tasted like straight up ketchup mixed with vinegar and had no spice to it what so ever. I was disappointed because I have just moved to the area and this place would have been easily accessible for take out. Being a Southerner, I know barbeque and this was possibly the most bland pig I have ever tasted. I may try again since everyone can have a bad day but when both of their main entress were bad, I don't have high hopes. I had to throw their food away the first time I bought it. It truly tasted like three day old warmed up cafeteria food.

Visited October 2012
San Francisco, California
“Will come again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

Good bbq pork platter and fried chicken. Too bad they are closed on Sundays and Mondays. This is a must stop to try out. Good cole slaw & hushpuppies.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank MikeNaomi
Virginia
“yummy yumster”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Love this place, comfortable, laid back and great food.

We had heard of Roland's but never had a chance to eat there until recently. Really enjoyed it.

Authentic bbq, plenty to choose from on the menu.

Clean, comfortable dining room and friendly folk. Plan to make it a "go to" spot!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank airowe
North Carolina
“Good food, sassy teenagers with poor training”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012 via mobile

Great food but teenagers at counter often offers smart remarks and he flirts inappropriately with other females. Old grey haired man has no personality and sets poor example. If you can ignore thier behavior the chicken and bbq are alwayss great.

• 2 of 5 bubbles