“Only one child allowed??”
Review of Core Creek Lodge

Core Creek Lodge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Beaufort
Midland, North Carolina
“Only one child allowed??”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Tried booking online and kept reducing the number of people in the room. It finally decided to let me continue when I got to 1 Adult and 1 Child. I guess people with more than one child isn't allowed to stay. Disappointment.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank KBeautifulChick
richard12345-1, Manager at Core Creek Lodge, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
I am disappointed that I did not receive a phone call in regard to this issue.

The issue may have occurred for several reasons.
1) The room you may have been choosing only sleeps 2 people or it was unavailable. We do have family rooms that sleep up to 4 and we have a few rooms that are big enough to put a cot in. Again, I don't know which room you were trying to book.
2) The travel site that you were using may be having an issue. I don't know which travel site you were trying to book through so I can only speculate that they may be having technical issues that they are unaware of.
3) It could be an issue on our booking engine. If you were trying to book through our website and it wouldn't go through then it is a technical issue that I was unaware existed.

I sincerely apologize that you had problems while trying to book a room with us. We have and do rent to people with multiple children all the time. I encourage anyone that is booking online to call if they have any questions, encountering any problems, or just want to verify some information.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
sc
Reviewed 18 July 2012

When i called to make the reservation, the woman I spoke with on the phone was really nice and very helpful, and I booked for that Friday and Saturday night. Very excited about adding a couple of days on to the beginning of our Ocracoke vacation, figured we would spend some time exploring Beaufort, go to Cape Lookout. It was a little after 9 when we arrived, and there was a note up to call the person to check in. She was very nice, very helpful, VERY friendly, and got us checked in promptly. Got the key, got our stuff and headed to the room. I knew with the great price we got it was gonna be a no frills room, and it was. We were tired and started getting ready for bed, when suddenly a small bug seemed to jump on my friends arm. I thought she was just being paranoid at first, because I didn't see anything. She swore it was a flea, but I just blew it off. Moments later, something jumped on me! This was all while we were sitting on the bed. I contemplated what to do, and while we were discussing it, several other fleas (? can't be sure, just what they seemed like), jumped on and off of us. We decided we weren't going to be able to stay there, so I started calling around to other places. Most places were all booked up, so it took about 20 min or so to find someplace that had an opening. We packed our stuff back up, and headed back to the front desk. The same very nice woman waited on me, and when I explained I wanted to check out because there were what I believed to be fleas in the room, she called someone (I assume the owner?) to let them know. They discussed that there had been no dogs in that particular room, and that the bug man had just been by. The decision was made to refund our payment for Saturday night, and to charge us for Friday night (we had been there about an hour at that point). I just wanted to leave, I was tired, felt a little icky, and knew it would take a while for us to get to the other hotel and get checked in. Again, the people were very nice, (altho I did feel a little like they didn't believe me about the fleas), and maybe a different room we wouldn't have had the problem. I was really looking forward to staying here, but I don't think I'd give it another try.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Very freindly staff, clean rooms, and great location. Will stay again.

• Stayed May 2012
cary
Reviewed 9 May 2012

My husband and I pulled our boat to core creek for a long weekend of fishing and general nautical good times. This is a no frills fishing camp type hotel. The building is old but the quarters are clean and well kept. The grounds are also well maintained. There is an outdoor grill and an ice machine. The boat ramp is convenient but it is a bit rough. There is no dock and when the current in the ICW is fast it can be hairy getting on the trailer. There were 2 types of rooms - basic and suite. We stayed in both. The suite was bigger but I prefer the basic for the difference in price. We will definitely go back again in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We needed a place to stay near Beaufort but the only hotels "in town" were booked and bed and breakfasts were too expensive for us. We felt the staff was very friendly, the room was very clean with new carpet, paint, and shower curtain linen. Bedding pattern dated but perfectly clean. Room was small but adequate and had most of the features a standard, more expensive hotel would have - coffee maker, fridge, microwave, wi-fi,etc. etc. Other guest seemed friendly. It was a straight shot of about 8 miles from "downtown".

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was attending a wedding only 1/2 mile away and wanted someplace close that I could crash without driving very far. I ran into a couple of small issues checking in that another reviewer has already mentioned. The credit card machine wasn't working properly and I was unable to pay with my Amex card. However, for some reason their machine took the MasterCard without a problem. Also, they charge the hotels.com "online reservation fee" on top of your room rate. My partner made the reservation so I wasn't aware that he didn't realize that. The staff was very friendly and helpful, however. I always worry when my partner and I ask for a room with a double bed in a rural location whether we will get disapproving looks or a flat-out refusal to stay. However, the clerk confirmed that we wanted one bed and didn't bat an eye when we replied that this was correct. The room itself was exceptionally clean. Two very minor drawbacks were the lack of a place to put a suitcase and only two coat hooks to use to hang clothes. I think they get more fishermen and beach-type guests than those going to a dress-up affair. The free wireless internet access was a welcome surprise. I'd stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for an end unit so that you only share one thin wall with another room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank victrola06
Washington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My husband and I have been coming here often for over two years. It is the CLEANLIEST place we have ever stayed. The staff are very friendly and treat us like friendly. The location is ideal and the rooms are perfect for us. I highly recommend Core Creek....we love getting away to the beach as often as we can because Core Creek Lodge is truly our home away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from ice machine
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Econo Lodge Crystal Coast
Econo Lodge Crystal Coast
#5 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to Core Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!