“It's all about location!!!”
Review of Core Creek Lodge

Core Creek Lodge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Beaufort
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“It's all about location!!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

15 mins. away from beaches! 10 mins from Croaton National Forest! And a drive to the Ocracoke ferry! I was well supplied with coffee and a clean room when I returned! Saddly I did not have a boat as it a marina! Lucky for those who do could enjoy any can of activity as fishing, scoba or cruising coast line!

Room Tip: Book early. Rooms are limited!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank susannothstein

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Stayed one night in this reasonable, clean 50's motel. Perfect for a good night's sleep while on the road. Hosts very gracious and helpful. Not fancy, mind you, but good enough. Short run to downtown Beaufort for dinner at Clawson's..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank doffran
Reviewed 21 April 2013

This was a quiet and clean place to spend the night. Well worth the price we paid and we could not has asked for sweeter host as we checking in and out. We arrived late and they had our room light on and it was all ready for us to relax and have a great nights sleep.

• Stayed April 2013
CoreCreekLodge, General Manager at Core Creek Lodge, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you can make it back sometime.
Was there anything you would have changed? Thank you for your wonderful comments. Enjoy your travels.
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I had to stop to sleep in between destinations, and the one place I found that served such purpose was this traileresque "motel". It is rather in the middle of nowhere, and somewhat Norman Bates feel about it - but the rooms were clean, bathroom was fine - and I slept soundly. I wouldn't stay here again, but there weren't many options around.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Adele H
I am sorry that you didn't find your stay with us as great as we always want it to be. I want to thank you for the positive feedback as far as the things that we can change. We do strive to give good service, cleanliness, and value. I am not sure how to respond to the sleep quality because the statement says "I slept soundly" but only scored 3. I also notice that your stay was almost a year ago and the review is new.
There have been a lot of changes taking place here in the last year. We have been working on some renovations, the exterior has been painted, we have had some landscaping done, but we are not finished yet. We are "off the beaten path" and that is what most of our customers are looking for.
If there are any suggestions that you could pass on to me that would have made your stay better then I invite you to pass them my way. Thank you for taking the time to post your review of us.
Lexington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2013

More And More Improvements As Time Goes On. Quiet place to visit and relax for your vacation. Located in historical Beaufort NC Home Of Blackbeard The Pirate This Place Spots A View Of The Water Fishing From The Docks And Clean Fresh Air. Very Reasonable Rates And Staff On Hand 24/7 To Assist You With Any Needs That Have To Be Met!.

Room Tip: Many Different Rooms To Suit Your Needs
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 September 2012

the high rating core creek has right now blows my mind. It is no where near the beach and not even the cheapest place to stay. The back area is swampy so the masquitos are pretty bad. I got the best room they had not because it was bigger but because it had a fridge.. too bad the fidge would not even keep a bottle of water any cooler than it would have been had it been sitting out. I cant imagine the room was actually any bigger then any other room they had. You can not ajust the temp in the room there is a vent there were two fans in the room but that was not enough for me. The worst part was the blood stains in the shower. sorry but that was over the top for me. the only half way redeeming part about the place was the lady that worked the desk she was very freindly. there are also quite a few stray cats but maybe you are into that kind of thing. over all my impression of it was it is a super white trash inn however that might make some people feel at home.

Room Tip: dont go here...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J W
richard12345-1, Manager at Core Creek Lodge, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
I want to begin by saying that I apologize that you had a stay that was less than what you expected. I try to make sure that all our guests needs are met while they are here. Some things, however, are beyond my control.
Our website says that we are "off the beaten path". We are located on the ICW which is not the beach. It is a travel throughway for boats. We are located about 7 miles from downtown Beaufort and 12 miles to the nearest public beach.
We have had an excessive amount of rain this year which has caused an increase in mosquitoes. The county management has been sending out trucks about twice a week to spray for mosquitoes. We do have swamp area here which is normal for inlet areas.
We are a pet friendly hotel. The hotel owners have 2 cats that they rescued here at the hotel. Those are the only two cats running around here. They are not strays. This is their home. I apologize if you felt they were a problem.
As far as anything unclean or anything unsavory in the room I have to say that our guests find the rooms to be very clean. That is usually the first thing said about our rooms. They compliment the housekeeper because she is so meticulous about ensuring the cleanliness of the rooms. All the guests are strongly encouraged to call our office with any concerns and they would be taken care of right away.
The air conditioner control is set on what is normally comfortable for everyone. I always make sure that when a customer let's us know that they are not comfortable then I adjust it to ensure that they are comfortable. I truly wish that we had been alerted at the time.
I sincerely regret that you have chosen to never return here, but if you ever decide that you would like to give us a second chance then please call me. In the event that you don't return then I sincerely wish you the best wherever you stay.
Midland, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Tried booking online and kept reducing the number of people in the room. It finally decided to let me continue when I got to 1 Adult and 1 Child. I guess people with more than one child isn't allowed to stay. Disappointment.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank KBeautifulChick
richard12345-1, Manager at Core Creek Lodge, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
I am disappointed that I did not receive a phone call in regard to this issue.

The issue may have occurred for several reasons.
1) The room you may have been choosing only sleeps 2 people or it was unavailable. We do have family rooms that sleep up to 4 and we have a few rooms that are big enough to put a cot in. Again, I don't know which room you were trying to book.
2) The travel site that you were using may be having an issue. I don't know which travel site you were trying to book through so I can only speculate that they may be having technical issues that they are unaware of.
3) It could be an issue on our booking engine. If you were trying to book through our website and it wouldn't go through then it is a technical issue that I was unaware existed.

I sincerely apologize that you had problems while trying to book a room with us. We have and do rent to people with multiple children all the time. I encourage anyone that is booking online to call if they have any questions, encountering any problems, or just want to verify some information.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores

Been to Core Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!