“Are you kidding me?”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Beaufort
NC
“Are you kidding me?”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

All I can say is COMPLETE AND UTTER NIGHTMARE! This reminds me of the "no tell motel" teenagers used to hang out at. it is way off the beaten path. A strange musky smell lingers in the air constantly. I usually try to promote small motels such as this but the lady at the front office was completely unbearable to deal with. I only stayed here because a wedding brought me to the area and all other motels were full.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank rarebreed1982
CMHeartleymgr, Manager at Core Creek Lodge, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I am sorry that you feel that your stay wasn't what you wanted it to be.

We do advertise that we are off the beaten path. We are 7 miles from downtown Beaufort, 12 miles to Morehead City and 12 miles to Havelock.

I take every complaint from a customer as important and apologize that you feel that you didn't get the resolution that you wanted.

I wish you the best of luck in your future travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Zebulon, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband and I stayed one night on a business trip. I must say the room was clean, the refrigerator kept beverages super cold, tv reception was good...with plenty of channels, host was friendly and helpful. We would go back definitely.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Barbara P
RobinOGoodman, Manager at Core Creek Lodge, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Thank you so much for selecting Core Creek Lodge for your stay. This site has been here for decades with the new owners coming on board 5 years ago. There have been so many renovations to the grounds and individual units, and they are still on going.

We love that you appreciated our gathering room. We have recently begun to utilize this area for Continental breakfasts for our over night guest Wed - Sat 7 am - 9 am.

Perhaps on your next visit you'll up grade your room to a plus room. This is a larger room that features coffee maker, mini refrigerator, microwave oven and a flat screen T.V. Most of our plus rooms also have a feature a tub and shower combination over just a shower.

Again, thank you for your stay. We hope you'll return............. the seafood festival is the first weekend in October, and that's an awesome time to be on the coast!

Happy and safe travels to you and yours,

Core Creek Lodge
Fayetteville, NC
Reviewed 5 October 2013

After some nightmarish episodes with different hotels/motels, I only book through tripadvisor.com reviews. The previous reviews said it was "quiet" and "out of the way". Though the latter is true, the former was not. The walls are paper thin and the plumbing is quite verbal. It squealed every time it was flushed and the shower turned full blast was like a leaky sprinkler hung up over an outhouse. As for the ambiance of my room, though a sign hung on the inside of the door warned of a $100 fee for those who smoked, it was quite obvious from the smell that many had tested that threat and I doubt highly anyone ever paid it. I can agree with one reviewer about the Bates Motel feel. I didn't close both eyes all night.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Mizztee43
chevymanhhr, Manager at Core Creek Lodge, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
I am sorry that you found your stay less than what you had hoped for. We can't guarantee perfection but we do strive for it everyday. We welcome all reviews (good, bad, average, etc.) because those reviews help us to improve upon the experiences that our guests have.

We charge a smoking penalty as stated when you checked in and it is posted on the doors of the rooms. The rooms that have the window units are prone to smoke smells due to people smoking outside of the rooms, but we endeavor to eliminate any odors or any other discomforts that a guest faces.

The noisiness that you are speaking of is quite uncommon. Most guests experience a very quiet and restful stay with us. Any guest that brings a complaint to our attention is taken seriously. I would have moved you to another room immediately and had maintenance look into the issues. I was not given the opportunity to make the stay better for you.

I sincerely hope that you bring any future problems to the attention of staff at any location that you are staying so that they can attempt to fix the problem.

Good luck to you and I hope you have safe and happy travels.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 August 2013

To clarify the previous review...made reservations, because of a work conflict, was not able to make the trip. I called before 4 pm (any hotel chain lets you cancel by 6 pm the same day & I was told that I had until 6 pm the same day to cancel) to cancel the reservation. Was told that we would be charged for the room, after arguing the cancellation policy, was told that if the room was rented we'd get a refund. Around 6 pm that night called back and asked if there were any rooms available, was told there were no rooms that weekend (recorded the call for the bank dispute). Called again later that night and asked again, was given the same answer, this time id'd myself & asked if I'd be getting a refund since the room was rented, was given the answer "I guess so." Called on Monday morning to make sure of the refund, was told that the room was not rented, I would still be charged. I explained the phone calls & the recorded call (to play for the bank for our dispute), I re-explained that we were told that there were no rooms available, after going back & forth, was then told she would check with housekeeping. Long story short, the money WAS refunded.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank juliebird1013
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2013

15 mins. away from beaches! 10 mins from Croaton National Forest! And a drive to the Ocracoke ferry! I was well supplied with coffee and a clean room when I returned! Saddly I did not have a boat as it a marina! Lucky for those who do could enjoy any can of activity as fishing, scoba or cruising coast line!

Room Tip: Book early. Rooms are limited!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank susannothstein
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Stayed one night in this reasonable, clean 50's motel. Perfect for a good night's sleep while on the road. Hosts very gracious and helpful. Not fancy, mind you, but good enough. Short run to downtown Beaufort for dinner at Clawson's..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank doffran
Reviewed 21 April 2013

This was a quiet and clean place to spend the night. Well worth the price we paid and we could not has asked for sweeter host as we checking in and out. We arrived late and they had our room light on and it was all ready for us to relax and have a great nights sleep.

• Stayed April 2013
CoreCreekLodge, General Manager at Core Creek Lodge, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you can make it back sometime.
Was there anything you would have changed? Thank you for your wonderful comments. Enjoy your travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores

Been to Core Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!