“Best fried shrimp ever!”
Review of Old Salt - CLOSED

Old Salt
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located directly across from the Historical Society. Previous owners called it the Net House.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I just stumbled across Old Salt by chance during vacation. Our waiter was very personable and attentive. I had the fried shrimp and it really was some of the best I've ever had. The key lime pie was wonderful. Definitely a great place to go.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We went there for dinner last night, and on the recommendation of friends I had the steamed clams, and my wife had broiled scallops. It was excellent, and we enjoyed a red wine blend on their recommendations. Butch welcomed us and our waiter John was excellent. Nice rustic atmosphere, and a very friendly attitude by the staff. We will be back.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Best service thanks to Butch! Best food, oysters, desserts! Everything fresh and homemade!!! Above and beyond!!!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

My family and I visited this place several times during our stay in Beaufort, not only did the food keep us coming back but the kid friendly, warm atmosphere! Great menu with nice variety and good utilization of local fare. It's nice to go somewhere that appeals to adults but has children's menu and reasonable prices! Desserts house made by chef/owner are amazing! Beaufort butter cake was my favorite! Talk about local charm and knowledgable friendly staff! Can't wait to go back! Thank you for making our meals memorable!

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Excellent atmosphere & great people…

Let me put it this way, stop or you will regret it.

Boom, fugetaboutit!