“Wow!!! ”
Review of Old Salt - CLOSED

Old Salt
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located directly across from the Historical Society. Previous owners called it the Net House.
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This is the place.to.eat in Beaufort! The food is fresh and local. Not just the seafood but the vegetables and fruit. The deserts are to die for. And the service is unbelievable.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Old Salt is a wonderful place to eat. The wait staff are friendly and attentive. Each of the 3 times I've visited ( so far) I have been impressed! I like that the food is homemade. The fries are yummy and the fresh roumelade is a delicious dip for them. My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE Dessert is the Beaufort Pound Cake... WELL worth the 1 hour drive from my house!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great food and location. We enjoyed our meal at an outside table and enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was great!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

To be 'worth one's salt' is to be worth one's pay and this restaurant is definitely worth the visit. We had been driving up and down the street unable to decide on a restaurant. I took a break and was looking at Beaufort Historical Buildings when across the street I spotted, "The Old Salt" restaurant. Barb Ward, the owner was super sweet and invited us in to look at the daily special menu. I am a picky eater and love anything that is local and natural. Barbara goes out of her way to source as many things locally as she can and man can you taste the goodness. From "sea to table" to my stomach! The seafood chowder was delish not too salty or creamy. I had standard fish and chips sandwich also wonderful with choice of house made ketchup (sooo nice to not have corn syrup!) or remoulade (not too spicy.) Mother had daily special of loaded potatoes with crab meat (she consumed 100%) Ended with butter cake (its huge so share a piece), I wont even try to explain how good it was, just get it. The Old Salt Restaurant is a little off the beaten path but for anyone who is a foodie, its worth the effort to find it. We enjoyed the outside seating with the view of Historical Beaufort Buildings. Will recommend to anyone. Glad we went and you will be too.

1  Thank M H
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Service was a bit slow the night we were there but the food was good. A lot of local and homemade items, right down to the ketchup. While the fries particularly (and the food in general) was over salted, I enjoyed the shirmp po boy that I ordered and would eat there again.