“Service, food that cannot be missed you must go if near Beaufort”
Review of The Cedars Inn

The Cedars Inn
Ranked #10 of 38 Restaurants in Beaufort
Price range: US$40 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dallas, Texas
“Service, food that cannot be missed you must go if near Beaufort”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

My let me start by saying that my wife and I came last Thursday and ordered 2 appetizers, 1 bottle of wine, 2 entrees and desert with a bill of $123. Being from Chicago and a frequent traveller I would have expected a meal of this quality to closer to $150 or more at most places. We had a 7pm seating and our server was Justin. He seemed to be taking care of the whole place but the service was simply perfect. My wife says the Shrimp and Scallop dish she ordered was the best meal of her life. I order the special of the night which was and 8oz filet with veggies and mashed potatoes and the meal was as good or better than so called "steak houses" that charge 60 for a steak. Basically what I'm trying to say is your making a big mistake if you don't eat here.

Beaufort, North Carolina
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

What a fabulous evening. The service,ambiance,and food were exceptional! When in Beaufort don't miss the experience.

Visited August 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
“Unbeatable on the OBX”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Reminds me of a 5 star restaurant in France or Austria. Quaint home setting with white table cloths, this restaurant has something special going on in the kitchen - truffled honey foie gras on waffle, phenomenal salads, great steak and perfectly prepared duck breast! We ate here for our anniversary and coming from RTP, were a bit surprised to find it as good or better than our favorites: FourSquare, Nanas and Second Empire.

Tennessee
“There is a good reason they are rated #1”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I emailed the manager to make my reservation for 8pm Monday, August 5th as we were only staying one night in Beaufort. I selected the restaurant based on previous reviews and was glad I did. The food was delish! Awesome presentation. I only wish I had saved room for dessert. I anticipated the expense of the meal and it was worth the price. I would definitely go here again. Check out their online menu-
I had The Cedar’s Chopped Salad to start with:
--- Baby Mixed Greens, Applewood Bacon, Avocado, Cucumber, Tomato, Basil and Blue Cheese Tossed in Champagne Vinaigrette.
My spouse had Chardonnay Steamed Mussels
--- With Artichokes, Tomatoes, Spinach and Roasted Garlic.
Our entrees were:
Pan Seared Black Grouper
--- Paired with a Dijon Maple Glaze, Topped with Lump Crab &

Pan-Roasted Local Shrimp and Scallops
--- Served over Goat Cheese Polenta with a Tomato, Corn, Collard Green Cream Sauce

I have included pictures of these dishes. Do dine here if you get the chance. There was only the hostess and the one server, but we were on vacation and weren't too troubled with the occasional delay.

Allendale, New Jersey, United States
“Best on the Crystal Coast”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We have been to them all since beginning to visit the Crystal Coast 21 years ago. We were delighted with our experience tonight at the Cedars Inn. Great service and great food. Recommend the grilled shrimp over succotash, and the grouper with the orange glaze. All was well designed and well executed by the chef. We will be coming back on future visits. A must-dine option when near Beaufort, NC.