“Like owning a boat without the work.”
other travellers have booked this property
VIEW ON THE FRONT DECK
Front deck View on front deck
Check Availability
rear door
Direct TV
water view -every window
NEW BATHROOM
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 12 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Like owning a boat without the work.”
Reviewed 23 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

Weather was rough but our stay was great. Richard was awesome for restaurant suggestions and places to go.
Fishing should be good off the front of condo but was too nasty weather wise for us to fish. Watching the boats go by was also great.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

19 Jul 2017
Hi and thanks for the review--It was a joy to see a group of longtime friends having so much fun together and for me -providing a home to do it in.
Glad we got to meet you all and hope we can see you again soon.
Have a great rest of the summer.
Jimb0b68
Garner, North Carolina
“Floating Condo Comments”
Reviewed 29 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

Overall we enjoyed our 4 day experience. The boat was well decorated and equipped with most of the necessary items. It was nice to be able to fish off the porch. The weather was generally nice while we were there.

There was a problem,however,we felt with the cleanliness. The cooking utensils needed cleaning before we used them. One frying had grease and hair in it and the coffee pot had some bugs inside. Since you are required to pay $75 in advance for clean up of the boat, we felt it was not up to our expected standards of cleanliness. Also the refrigerator ice maker did not work and we had to take a cooler to the nearby lodge to get ice as needed. If someone could spend a few hours cleaning, it could be a much better experience, especially at the rental rates charged.

2 Jul 2017
Hi Jim--thanks for the review and sorry you had this problem as we try very hard to keep this rental and others clean and safe -well maintained.
As you could see we are very busy and I have to rely on my help and it is possible these items slipped through the cracks.
I do wish however that I would have been contacted immediately so we could have eliminated these issues at the time .
I do appreciate you business and hope that overall
you all did have a good vacation --and hope to see you back again.
Elaine M
“It was truly a relaxing vacation on a spectacular waterway in a peaceful setting.”
Reviewed 15 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Richard and Gary (at the Core Creek Lodge) went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. They were wonderful hosts and the houseboat is large and comfortable. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for something new and different.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: sitting on the porch watching the boats go by.
Liked least: the walk to the dumpster? Not bad at all though.
Friends getaway
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
17 Jul 2016
Elaine--thanks for the review and I am glad you enjoyed the floating condo--you were great guest and hope you return as you would be welcome anytime.
It was a pleasure meeting you both.
Will H
Mount Olive, North Carolina
“TOTAL RELAX”
Reviewed 21 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Just came back home from spending 3 great nights on the houseboat.. Could not have had a better time than we did. It was clean and very nicely done from the den to the bedrooms.. Richard and the Staff are very friendly and helpful during your stay. At night it is very quiet and relaxing and if you are lucky enough you may see dolphin swim by the deck. even though it is north of town (Beaufort) there are lots of things to do. Next time we go I plan to take my boat since there is a b oat ramp here,
It was my Wife's first time staying over night on a boat and once she got used to the wave motion she loved it, It does not move a lot unless a real big boat go past and that is not bad.We plan to bring our Folks back later..

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the quiet and restful enviroment
Liked least: had to leave to go back to the daily grind !
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
30 Apr 2015
Thanks Will for the kind words --I enjoyed meeting you and thanks for showing me your SMART CAR-interesting. I hope you both return and bring your folks.Glad you enjoyed your trip to the coast and perhaps you could stay longer next time.
vonessr
Selma, North Carolina
“VERY UNIQUE AND A PLEASANT SURPRISE!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

My wife located this on Trip Advisor and I was unsure of this rental. Boy, was I wrong. Richard is very nice and accommodating; even though we only stayed three days. The river setting is very serene. While we saw a few boats, it would be better to book on a weekend if boat watching is what you like. There is very little motion on the houseboat and the noise from the Route 101 bridge was not disturbing to us.

The only negatives we had, was that while the boat is older the interior and especially the bathroom need a good scrubbing. My wife usually cleans and re-cleans everything wherever we stay, so it did not detract from our rental.

While not a fisherman, you should bring your pole(s) and fish right off the deck!

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The unique experience
Liked least: The cleanliness of the bath and shower.
Friends getaway
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
1 Aug 2014
I am pleased you enjoyed the rental and hope you return and tell your many friends.
mawmaw197...
Vernon Hill, Virginia
“Not what i had expected”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

the good: richard was very nice. i slept well. the kitchen was well equipped. i did like being on the water and watching the boats go by. the not so good: it was located 8 mi. from beaufort and not in a pretty place. it is very close to a bridge and you can see and hear all the traffic crossing the bridge. it was not the cleanest place I've stayed. and the smell of sulfur was strong in the bathroom. i think it's would be the kind of place that a small group of fisherman would enjoy.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
18 Jun 2014
Sherry -I am surprised at you review only because when you left you said you enjoyed the floating condo lots.
We are 8 miles from Beaufort and many people like the fact that you are in a nice quiet area to relax. Yes we are building a new marina and that accounts for disturbed ground but that is going to be over soon.You didn't mind it that I could tell.
There is a water filter that takes most of the water oder out but perhaps it was time to change it --I didn't hear about this problem til now.
All in all I was glad to meet you both and hope you enjoy your next vacation where ever you go.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing